Mountains vs. Beachfront vacation spot - your pick

Which would you choose?

• Mountain view luxury home

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Spectacular beachfront home

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
yeah i could stay home. i got ocean and i got mountain peaks in 3 of 4 directions.

but given the choice, i'd avoid florida, because old people stink. right, winky?

The highest of the group is Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina (6,684 ft or 2,037m), which is the highest point in the United States east of the Mississippi River as well as the highest point in eastern North America.

ain't that cute

Like I said, I really like the Appalachians & they are mountainous (next to cornfields-what isn't) but there's nothing like being at 10,000' & being in a valley.

Humphreys Peak
State: Arizona
Elevation: 12,633'
Other peaks in the Colorado Plateau:
Agassiz Peak - 12356 ft
Doyle Peak - 11460 ft
Fremont Peak - 11969 ft
Kendrick Peak - 10418 ft
Mount Peale - 12721 ft

I'll take high mountains, or low mountains, any day of the week.

There are 3 things wrong with the beach-- sun, sand, and salt water. LOL
Having grown up on the Gulf Coast, I was tired of those 3 things by the time I was 20.

I gots you beaten :p

Nevado de Toluca 4,680 m (15,354 ft)
Pico de Orizaba 5,636 metres (18,490 ft)

;)

bikini inspecting

Some people seem to be under estimating the importance of this feature.

Beach view can be quite nice.

alba-bikini-beach.jpg

Mountains. Not much about beaches for me except humidity, terns, seagulls, and tourists out the ying-yang asking you if you've caught anything...

Mountain home, near a mountain lake, beast of both worlds....

sticking to the rules mountain home please.

Another reason to stay off the beach

Now what really gets me here is not that a plane crashed onto a beach. Shit happens. What gets me is that a plane crashed onto a beach...and the lazy asses didn't even get off their beach towels and run! I don't care where I am, I see an airplane headed that way I am moving in the opposite direction post haste, most likely shouting a wide and interesting variety of profanities while doing so.

It was forced to land in the sand as beachgoers looked on from a distance.

The photo shows what "a distance" means.

Back