Move over Xena.

alex said:
Speaking of old shit. I bought an old J. H. McBrayer whiskey bottle (early 1800's) on ebay not long ago. J. H. just happens to be a distant relative of mine (I know where I got my taste for whiskey). The seller told me the bottle was dug from a privy in Michigan. WTF is a privy?

:eek6:

page O' Privies

Hell, I just assumed it was like a ...... garbage dump or sumpin'. So someone long ago got drunk on the shitter and tossed the bottle down the hatch? The bottle is kinda dirty :sick2:

:lol2:

didja bathe the bottle in Lysol yet?
I'd imagine if the bottle didnt' smell enough for you to know what a privy was, then it was sitting there unused long enough to have turned into just dirt, and should be ok.

It didn't stink so I figure 200 year old shit has probably um....run it's course. Anyway, I have it stored in a strong card board box wrapped in bubble wrap. I actually have an unopened bottle of W. H. McBrayer from around 1917. He took over the distillary mid 1800ish. I bet thats some strong ....shit :D

No, but I imagine it's some rock gut stuff as compared to todays whiskey. Probably would do me in.

I guess by now it'd be too precious to drink.

You know, sloshing white vinegar around in there in that privy one might clean it up nice without hurting it.

Leslie said:
:lol2:

didja bathe the bottle in Lysol yet?
I'd imagine if the bottle didnt' smell enough for you to know what a privy was, then it was sitting there unused long enough to have turned into just dirt, and should be ok.

Yep, it will have turned into worm shit by now.

Leslie said:
I guess by now it'd be too precious to drink.

I paid $120 for the privy bottle and $141 for the full bottle. I have a cousin who has a Old McBrayer shot glass (see pic). Next time we have a reunion we might just pop that sucker open and do some shots :drink2: But like you said, it wouldn't be worth much after that. I've seen a couple more full bottles on ebay since I bought mine. I've also seen some really cool looking Old McBrayer bar-back bottles too but they were kinda pricy.

Leslie said:
You know, sloshing white vinegar around in there in that privy one might clean it up nice without hurting it.

It looks like someone did clean it but didn't do a very good job on the insdie of the bottle.

Pic1 - shot glass
Pic2 - I also have this bottle $60
pic3 - I would like to have one of these bottles
pic4 - This is the full bottle I have box and all
pic5 - old map of distillary

*puts worms down BoP's pants

Well, I was gonna post some old pics of the distillary but by the time I resize them down enough to upload them, you can't see squat in them.

Back