MS Paint Problem

FluerVanderloo

I was using Paint one day, editing a picture, and the screen froze. When all was said and done, I tried to get back onto Paint and now it gives me that stupid window that asks if you want to send an error report or not. I went onto another username for XP, and paint worked just fine.

What the hell did I do to it? lol

It says Send Error Report and the other option is Don't Send. I've tried sending the error report and it does this little reporting process, then nothing gets done.

Inkara1 said:
So when you tell it "don't send," what happens next?

Doesn't matter. When it crashes, it crashes. Sending the crash report is only a voluntary option; its not required to re-launch the program.

Got your/a XP disc? Try reinstalling Paint.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components (off on the left)

Highlight Accessories and Utilities and click Details, then Accessories and Details, uncheck Paint, click OK, OK, and Next.

Repeat steps and check the box for Paint to reinstall. You also might want to check Windows Update for grins.

Mirlyn said:
Doesn't matter. When it crashes, it crashes. Sending the crash report is only a voluntary option; its not required to re-launch the program.

Got your/a XP disc? Try reinstalling Paint.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components (off on the left)

Highlight Accessories and Utilities and click Details, then Accessories and Details, uncheck Paint, click OK, OK, and Next.

Repeat steps and check the box for Paint to reinstall. You also might want to check Windows Update for grins.

I got all the way up to Accessories and Utilities Details, and Paint wasn't on the list, only Games. I hate this fuggin computer.

FluerVanderloo said:
I got all the way up to Accessories and Utilities Details, and Paint wasn't on the list, only Games. I hate this fuggin computer.
Can you do Details for the Accessories folder?

tommyj27 said:
ever feel like windows is one of those "choose your own adventure" books?
Always hated those books....seemed like a lot of work for just one book. Once I finished one I'd try to go back and pick a different option but I always ended up back where I started.

Wait a minute....that sounds familiar. ;)

Back