Muscle Car thread........ post em´ here!!!

AMDnut

Plum convertible......... :headbang:

Attachment(s):

Purple Challenger Conv.jpg, 25.36kb

Purple Challenger Conv.jpg

alex

Oh man, I wanted one of those Cuda's real bad when I was in high school but I got one of these instead (mine was red):

73m1.JPG

AMDnut

pad - I had the following when I was a youngin':

1973 Plymouth Cuda - Black on black, V8/340
1972 Dodge Carger SE - Red on Black, V8/318 (blew it up) then V8/360
1968 Chevy Camro RS - Red on red, V8/327

And my buddy had 2 Dodge Darts w/various V8's in.....

Those were the days! I want a Challenger really bad, but would settle for a nice Roadrunner or Dart/Duster if I found a cheap "sleeper" for sale somewhere. Or, another Charger would probably wet my appetite too!

Nothing like the "RUMP A RUMP" of a high lift cam, sittin' at the stop light, ready to run to the next light with some good 80's rock on the stereo!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Kruz

The "Muscle" in Muscle cars

1970 Buick GSX !!!!

Attachment(s):

a_1970_Buick_Gran_Sport_GSX.jpg, 88.62kb

a_1970_Buick_Gran_Sport_GSX.jpg

alex

Originally posted by greenfreak
Pad, I had a friend who had that exact car in green :D He drove me home every day from school. Ahh those were the days. :cool:

Did he ever show you the back seat?

There was a little storage area behind the back seat and when you folded the back seat forward it was kinda like a hatchback and then there was a door on the inside trunk wall that folded back into the trunk to make room for my feet....wala....instant bed.......ahhh yes, those were the days :banana2:

greenfreak

No, Pad, he didn't show me the back seat. I don't think my boyfriend would have liked that too much (it was his friend).

It was a very loud car-you could hear it coming from blocks away. He was constantly getting pulled over. :)

greenfreak

The cops would give him a hard time because of the way the car looked and sounded. Yes, they did give him tickets on the sound because he had altered the mufflers to make them loud. I forget what the name of the actual 'infraction' is called.

He would also race and spin his tires and the town I grew up in was kinda wierd-it was a big place but felt like a small town. The cops got to know the 'troublemakers' from the two high schools pretty well.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i see, car racing is cool.

At night we get some of those in some long straight streets (highway, freeway ??), 2km, very late in the night, around 3am, tweaked bikes and cars compete, and it moves a lot of money in gambles.

I love the sound of those bikes...

greenfreak

There's a one mile straightaway on the Wantagh Parkway and I drive it every night when I go home. There's always fresh tire tracks on the road after a weekend. The people who live in that area must get fed up with it!