music search

kuulani

I'm looking for songs to add as background music for a movie I'm making for my parents (a movie of their 1st grandchild). Any suggestions for songs (no nursery songs, please)? :D

kuulani

Scanty said:
What kind of stuff are you thinking of?

I mean...bluesy stuff, or soft, tuneful stuff... ?

:D

Any kind of music ... so far I found one song, You Don't Remember, by Na Leo http://www.mele.com/v3/info/1421.htm

kuulani

I'm mostly looking for any kind of song that fits in this movie - some kind of baby/parent theme. I'm not looking for "twinkle, twinkle little star" and songs like that though.

Scanty

Okay I listened to 'You Don't Remember'...here are some that I think would be very very nice to have, but that you might not know:

Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful
Mercury Rev - Holes (v. atmospheric)
Kioke - Do And Don't For Love
Larry Graham - One In A Million

and some others that you might:

Michael Jackson – Human Nature
Michael Jackson – Gone Too Soon
George Michael – Jesus to a Child
Jackson 5 – I’ll Be There
Morcheeba – The Sea
Radiohead – High and Dry
The Carpenters – We’ve Only Just Begun
or a nice Stevie Wonder ballad.

Ku'u, I highly recommend:
The Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun (plus it is kind of fitting. :) )
Morcheeba
Aqualung

and especially...

Michael Jackson - Gone too Soon.

I could try and send you any if you like through MSN (if it works), if you want to hear any. If you don't they're ideas anyway :D

ris

most of these are melancholy/quiet and are mostly freakish whitey music ;)

u2 - promenade
doves - the man who knew too much
leftfield - original
talvin singh - traveller
spiritualised - the straight and the narrow
nitin sawhney - letting go
goldfrapp - deer stop

i recommend morcheeba too, espcecially stuff off 'big calm'

greenfreak

*jumps up and down* OH! OH! "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole!! :D

You're going to have to make lots of movies for all these suggestions. :cool:

kuulani

Scanty said:
I could try and send you any if you like through MSN (if it works), if you want to hear any. If you don't they're ideas anyway :D

Ooh, thanks!
But the crappy thing is that my 'puter here has no speakers so I won't be able to listen to it anyway. Damn crappy 'puter. Nalani says it probably doesn't even have a sound card.

I'll go look for those songs though, and your songs too, ris! :headbang:

Scanty

greenfreak said:
:( [/quot]

That is a good idea, greenie. :) I didn't think of that one.
Is that the one that the woman did. Eva Cassidy? Her version would be very nice too.

greenfreak

Scanty said:
greenfreak said:
:( [/quot]

That is a good idea, greenie. :) I didn't think of that one.

I had posted about it a while back because I had heard it and really liked it and never knew that the man who sang it was Hawaiian. Sadly, it became much more popular after his death.

I first heard it on an etoys.com commercial, then in Finding Forrester, and again in Meet Joe Black. I finally looked it up and got it after that. :)

kuulani

greenfreak said:
I had posted about it a while back because I had heard it and really liked it and never knew that the man who sang it was Hawaiian. Sadly, it became much more popular after his death.

Don't songs only become popular after a singer's death? :(

freako104

enya rocks though i prefer her older albums but the new one is good too. i like enigma too the return to innocence comes to mind if you like new age type music. and though i hate them creeds with arms wide open is good as its about the guys son.