musical ability?

So far I only play trombone, tuba, euphonium (baritone).

Wish I could play bass and wish I could sing. Actually, I asked my mom for an electric bass for my birthday or christmas. Don't know if she'll come through though.

No. And sadly, I was in NB recently, and they had nothing from Maritime Brewries at all. I was so disgusted, I left without buying a thing.

long long ago in another life I actually played guitar in a crazy college band. havent touched the thing in years though. want to master blues harmonica so i can do walk up jams and impress people. how long does it take to learn to play like John Popper?

unclehobart said:
Roland synthesizer... but it plays piano tones... not that theres any in the music. My band uses a great deal of heavy, moody held tones called 'warm pan fade' that make most of what I do sound like Bachs Tocotta and Fuge. There are some other things as well.. but very small parts really. I'm considered a backing musician and not a frontline member of the band. The future albums will include more for me to do if I wish it.
Hey unc, what Roland do you use. I have a Juno 106 (with any luck you're the only one who knows how much that dates me). Mostly only use it as a midi controller anymore.

In answer to the question at hand, guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, harmonica and piano (after a fashion). I used to play trumpet and french horn. I am the only person I currently know who can play chromatic harmonica although I don't play that well anymore.

I played and sang for money for nearly twenty years. I don't know if this means I was particularly good, or merely particularly adequate. ;shrug:

I can string a few chords together on the guitar........certainly don't boast any great aptitude on the thing tho' :D

I used to play the tin whistle a lot........havn't picked one up in a coupla years tho'.

My voice was banned by the geneva peace convention in 1986........summit about a sonic wepon of mass destruction or summit :eh: :blush:

chcr said:
Hey unc, what Roland do you use. I have a Juno 106 (with any luck you're the only one who knows how much that dates me). Mostly only use it as a midi controller anymore.

In answer to the question at hand, guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, harmonica and piano (after a fashion). I used to play trumpet and french horn. I am the only person I currently know who can play chromatic harmonica although I don't play that well anymore.

I played and sang for money for nearly twenty years. I don't know if this means I was particularly good, or merely particularly adequate. ;shrug:
Roland D-10. Tis a loaner from the lead singer as it was the machine he did a lot of his composing from in the first place... so its a dead up ringer from the album tracks to live performance. Yes I know the juno... gramps. :D

Oz said:
My voice was banned by the geneva peace convention in 1986........summit about a sonic wepon of mass destruction or summit :eh: :blush:

Ooh, better watchit, Bush'll be knockin' on yer door soon... :eek3:

*eyes new title* You been up to something this weekend that you want to tell us about? :winkkiss:

despite my love of writing lyrics, and actually making them singable, i cannot sing very well.

i can't play any instruments, either.
i write music for my songs on piano, but i dont know how to transcribe it, or what i'm doing... i just memorise it all.
ditto with guitar.

BeardofPants said:
Ooh, better watchit, Bush'll be knockin' on yer door soon... :eek3:

*eyes new title* You been up to something this weekend that you want to tell us about? :winkkiss:

lol..........bushes own lil' voice causes enough damage....and that's only when he is talkin' ;)

My dear BoP! I thought that at least yerself would recognise the new title :winkkiss: (from terry pratchett.......the Mort book if I remember right :) )

I got to test my musical abilities this weekend..... ended up on the lap of the drummer at the pub & he let me bang away with his sticks :D

Back