musicals

freako104

what musicals do you guys like? Les' grease thread made me wonder that.

i loved Rocky horror picture show,Grease,little shop of horrors.

rocky horror is so cool!!

i haven't seen the movie, but been to the show twice - london and new york. totally and utterly an experience not to be missed... i hear it's coming to manchester soon, i'll totally be there again!

grease, saturday night fever...

i hated annie...that 'tomorrow, tomorrow' was stuck in my head for weeks... :grumpy:

As a general rule, I hate musicals. Not nearly realistic for my tastes. If I'm ever walking through New York City and a street gang decides to burst into a choreographed Song and Dance number, I'm gonna start shooting.

PuterTutor said:
As a general rule, I hate musicals. Not nearly realistic for my tastes. If I'm ever walking through New York City and a street gang decides to burst into a choreographed Song and Dance number, I'm gonna start shooting.

:rofl:

that's what i dislike about them as well...they start singing all of the sudden, sometimes scaring the hell out of me. fucking hate it when that happens.

did i say fuck? yes i did.

I've also been one to hate musicals. However... Cats caught me totally offgaurd and blew me away. I still can't believe how good it was.

To be fair, I do like musicals live. I've been to 6 or 7 at the Fox theater in St. Louis, Phantom of the Opera takes the best there so far, it's somewhat expected in a live show, but for a movie, I don't like them.

Leader of the Pack, Little Shop of Horrors, Barnum, Grease, Cabaret...

At least those are the plays that I've seen, if we're talking movies too, there's so many.

saw the movie "chicago" the other day. it was a little slow to start, but i really liked it. i thought they did a good job of capturing the feel of a live play.
saw miss saigon and aida on stage and enjoyed both very much.

Fiddler on the Roof, The Wizard of Oz, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Mary Poppins, Victor/Victoria ...its all good.

I saw "singing in the rain" like, 5 years ago, i think. My cousin was in that play at her school and I watched.........very funny......although now I can't remember all of it :confuse3:

Back