Mwahahahaha @ Compaq!

pc_builder

Ha Ha! How I despise you! (and for no good reason either :D)

I just got a mother board I bought on ebay. It was pulled form a compaq computer, so when I got it, it had that compaq bios/setup thingy.

Anyway, I went to the manufacturer's website, and what did they have? A bios update! I thought to myself, "That Compaq logo is going to get annoying after awhile."

I downloaded the bios upgrade, then sat for about twenty minutes trying to decide if this was going to be a good idea. After all, I didn't know if trying to write a AMI bios over the Compaq one was going to work.

Well, I went ahead anyway, and it worked perfectly!
The AMI Bios has so many more features and options for me to play with than the compaq one gave me access to. :D I'm so happy now. I'm installing Windows 2000 Pro as I type this.

yeah, otherwise you can't even get into the BIOS...damned compaqs. i think there are some special disks you can use, but nobody seem to have them.
i still don't understand why compaq is doing that...then again, high-end users who alter bios settings rarely buy compaq's anyway ;)

You can usually figure a way into the BIOS. On one machine, I had to manufacture a keyboard error to do it, but it got me in....

That's what I used to do, pressing a key til the press F1 (or F2 :confuse3: ) to enter BIOS setup message appears.

Back