MWAHAHAHAHA! I return.

fi

Yes.

After blowing the main fuse in the house on Sunday (the electricity company had to be called in *cringe*) I am now back in the land of the living.

I didn't KNOW I had 35 candles.

Wibble. :rolleyes:

Last year when we had a huge flood which knocked out our electricity, we played "truth or dare" by candlelight.

I have 2 bigger than a tealight right now, that would be an ordeal! :eek:

WOOHOO! :D :headbang:

Oh man, living without electricity sucks. Our meter blew on a Saturday this spring. And in our town, the electric company doesn't work weekends, so we were without for two whole days. :eek:

I didn't think I was going to make it.

Welcome back to civilization, or our approximation thereof.

PuterTutor said:
Oh man, living without electricity sucks. Our meter blew on a Saturday this spring. And in our town, the electric company doesn't work weekends, so we were without for two whole days. :eek:

I didn't think I was going to make it.

Welcome back to civilization, or our approximation thereof.

Tankoo!

Actually I got it back yesterday afternoon, but it was bloody scary when the whole thing popped.

I was in the kitchen, baking a cake :eek: when I turned on the kettle and the hob at the same time, not realising I already had the fan oven, two airconditioners, and the immersion water heater on at the same time.

Instant fried Greekie electrics.

I wibbled, bigtime.

changing a fuse is very easy........why did you call the elect co?

Luis G said:
changing a fuse is very easy........why did you call the elect co?

Cos it was the main, sealed fuse in the meter wehich can only be opened by the electricity company....! My own fuse box was grand! All tripswitches up and the main fuse still intact...

Such is life in Greece!

Uhm, I'm geek, but not THAT geek ya know....:D

Although I would have them sitting in here if I got them for free :D

Just for fun :D

We've had surges and flickers but I can't remember the last time the power went completely out for any amount of time. I guess I'm just lucky.

Hey fi, does this mean that you have an excuse now to go out and buy more candles? I love buying candles, we have alot of them here too.

Gato_Solo said:
What does 'wibble' mean?

Completely random made-up word meaning to freak out in a mild-mannered and unobtrusive way.

I think it's quite expressive!

Welcome back.

Much as I like to bitch about utilities, I'v been pretty happy with the job GA Power does in my neighborhood (although I've lived in other spots in my town where they sucked).

Only time we lost power recently was 2 years ago when an ice storm took a tree down across my lines. Tore the damn thing right out of the side of the house. That was 3 very cold days until I got it back on, and most of the rest of my neighborhood was out for 2 more (I lucked out and found an electrician).

Leslie...how could you use the power of is only to be used in the most dire of situation. ;)

Back