My "delightful" country

Vortex

I can't belive what I just found?!!
Got it from a news site here, and it's pretty accurate with it's reporting, so I don't think that this is a hoax... :(

STEAL FROM THE WHITES
'Steal from whites'
23/03/2004 08:30 - (SA)
Africa Ka Mahamba

Johannesburg - The leader of a Pretoria-based youth organisation has issued a controversial statement by telling youth to go and steal from white people in the suburbs.
Faraday Nkoane, the leader of Uhuru cultural club, told 100 youngsters who attended the Human Rights Day celebration at Lebanon township park to go and steal from the whites because "it is the right thing to do.
"Stop stealing from black people because they will deal with you in an African way. They will bewitch you and you will go crazy. The whites have stolen from us since April 6, 1652. Our ancestors' cattle, goats, sheep, chickens and others are in the hands of the whites, while we are left with nothing. Go and steal from them because it is right.
"Taking from whites is not a crime because you repossess what belongs to you. But make sure you are not caught," said Nkoane, addressing the youth, most of whom were in Rastafarian colours.
When the Daily Sun approached him about his controversial statement that would cause hatred between South Africans, Nkoane said he stood by his statement because "nothing is wrong with it.
"Yes, nothing is wrong with my statement because the whites have stolen from the blacks.
"My statement doesn't promote any hatred because I did not call for violence against the whites. I only told the youth to go and repossess from them. If youth steal in the township it is crime, but if they steal from whites in the suburbs, it is not a crime because they are merely repossessing," said Nkoane.
He said he would not withdraw his statement because the government was doing nothing for unemployed youth.
Edited by Schalk Jonker

Vortex

Gonz said:
A Mugabe training class?
You joke?

Mbeke (our current President), said if he wins the elections (which are taking place on April 14, this year) he has an announcement to make that will shock the world... and he's all for Mugabe's little power trip, and land grabs (which he has mentioned possibly happening in SA) and all that. So ten bucks says our goverment is gonna go into chaos very soon :(

:'(

I WANT TO MOVE OUT OF THIS SH*T HOLE!!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Re: My

Inkara1 said:
But he's ethnically cleansing whites. That's kosher. :rolleyes:

So...when the Boer's and the English killed the blacks to get the land in the first place, that was alright? Either way, it's an ugly business, but making it sound worse because it's happeining to whites is the biggest crime of all, Inky...

freako104

I dont see how doing it to whites is any worse than to blacks than to Native Americans than to Asians and so on

Gato_Solo

Gato_Solo said:
So...when the Boer's and the English killed the blacks to get the land in the first place, that was alright? Either way, it's an ugly business, but making it sound worse because it's happeining to whites is the biggest crime of all, Inky...

freako104

sorry I misread it thinking you said it is worse. again apologies for it. to be honest, from my own view, it is NOT justified the killing of the blacks.

HomeLAN

I believe Inky was referring to the press coverage on this. Compare the coverage on Mugabe's killing and repression of white farmers to the coverage of Apartheid assholes killing and stealing land from blacks. Get the contrast?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that the NY Times wasn't around to do an expose on the killing of black/native tribesmen by European settlers. Then all could have been properly appalled.

Simply, it wasn't right then & it is less right now. We have, supposedly, advanced to the point of knowing better.

freako104

supposedly is the key word there. we are still hard wired for violence and hate. just with new weapons and ways of killing has changed

HomeLAN

freako104 said:
yea Mugabe was well reported moreso than the Apartheid

Umm, do some web searches, freako. A couple of two to three day stories does not even compare to the years-long public outcry over Apartheid.

You're right Gonz. Wasn't right then, isnt right now. For what reason, however, is our outrage lessened? Interesting question, no?

Gato_Solo

Gonz said:
I'm pretty sure that the NY Times wasn't around to do an expose on the killing of black/native tribesmen by European settlers. Then all could have been properly appalled.

Simply, it wasn't right then & it is less right now. We have, supposedly, advanced to the point of knowing better.

Not really. Non-whites during that period were considered to be less than human.

Vortex

Gonz said:
he's killing whole families & taking their land
Yup, that's the Mugabe we know o_O

He did land grabs and all that, (usually with violence) a couple years back.

My former Best Friend had family up there who had a tobaco farm there. I think that even to this day they haven't heard from them :(

Vortex

freako104 said:
isnt that committing genocide? cant he be knocked out of power for it since its illegal?
Nope. You can't touch the dude.

But did you know, his bank ballance ranks him as third richest in the world. Even though his country is in ruins, like it would cost about... *does some abstract maths in head* about $10US for a half-loaf of bread. (it's most probably worse now, but yeah...)

*random fact*