My first term paper

Given the obvious proclivities of Nascar drivers vis-a-vis following distances, I'd be afraid to show my ass myself. :p

I agree with Winky, my high school provided next to no oppurtunities to write. The most writing I ever did was 5 papers in my AP US History class in 11th grade.

And as chcr said, it seems like this paper is too easy. She is taking it in steps and having us hand them in for grades, ie, turn in your topic statement, get 10 points, bibliography, 50 points, etc. The paper itself is worth 200 points.

Right now the topic is supposed to be general, and I have to narrow it down as I do my research. My narrowed topic gives me points too.

Just seems way too easy.

And thanks for your help guys, I'm going to be looking into all of the suggestions when I hit the library.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Fleur...look into the economic impact prohibition had on Appalachia. Prohibition and the lack of railroads in the "reconstructed" (read: raped) South forced isolated farmers to sell their corn in liquid form to keep it from going bad before it hit market. Had the all-knowing, all-wise Federal government only reallocated the funds spent on revenue agents into giving the South 1/10 the development the New England industrialists were handed via tax breaks and the ever important tarriff, how many lives would have been saved? 'Course, we all know how much Warshinton valued a Southern life now don't we? Do a little digging, and you'll find direct links between the passage of prohibition and the Appalachian moonshine industry. Look in particular for suppliers to Chicago speakeasy rooms. It's all there.

A little digging? That was in my HS American history book! (minus the editorial)

Back