my lunch

unclehobart

2 Japanese sweet potatoes (cm cubed) soaked for 15 min in ice water to draw the starch
1 baking sheet covered in olive oil
oven set to 425
a shakebag mix consisting of pepper, garlic, salt, hot paprika, old bay, jalapeno dust.
Drain potatoes, pat dry, shake until coated, spread on pan
Bake for 20 minutes
Stir the potatoes
bake of 10 more minutes
serve ... whenever.

I'll post the verdict as soon as I get to eat it.

supposedly it makes them less sticky and just pop right off of the pan when done ... which it did. Using freezing water doesn't sap the vitamins out like warm water would.

It also supplies them with just a touch of water in the tissues making them more tender as they have dehydrated a bit from being out of the ground for so long.

yes it was... to a point. The Japanese sweet potato seems to be sweeter than the standard sweet potato. It probably would have been best in a formula designed to complement that flavor instead of burying it. I made this batch hot hot hot. I think I have found my tolerance limit for hot paprika/jalapeno/garlic mix.

You just had potatoes for lunch? I'd feel deprived. Potaotes demand some sort of meat compliment.:headbang:

No meat in the house right now. Its a self imposed punishment. I buy the full magilla of healthy alternatives and balanced food groups ... and then top it off with a modest amount of sinful stuff. Its up to me to be moderate and eat a litle bit at a time all across the board as I go along. If I fail in that and just go nuts with the dairy and pepperoni, I will be left with half a fridge full of fruit and veggies. I simply will not go back to the store to stock back up until I have cleared it all out. Its the only eating discipline that I adhere to.

I would be forced to go on an eating rampage after about one day of your self imposed punishment.

Q said:
I would be forced to go on an eating rampage after about one day of your self imposed punishment.

Amen Sister!

For what its worth, I try follow some of the guidelines from the blood type book. I'm type O pos. which thrives, like a carnivor, on meat.

Very little carb.-related foods, no peanut butter, very few bean types, only 2 kinds of bread, (which I can barely remember the name of let alone find at the groc.), but fruits, green veggies, and a good excercise routine, seems to work well for me.

Lean, beef, pork chicken is what my system seems to demand!

However, potatoes are a nice side, as ya mentioned above.:)

I think I was thinking of the Okinawan sweet potato ... the skin is light and the inside is a dark purple ... that's the one I like :licklips:

ingredient.jpg

hehehehe ... yep .. that would be the equivilent ... "'ono" means "good" or "tasty" and when it's used in this context, it's as if I'm saying "I want the taste of it" ...

Back