My new job

That reminds me, I should put a sleeping bag and air mattress in the back of the shaggin wagon.

I'm like so torn though. Right now I have a bumper pool table in there, and it's fun to bust out and play, but if I'm out late and need to crash, I would need the sleeping bag.

Tough decision...

:hmm: @ nixy and altron

Nixy? You should always at least attempt to find some quiET time for lunch. Doesn't matter how busy your day is, you need the downtime. I'm lucky cos the naval base runs like clockwork and everyone gets foisted off to lunch whether they want or no (I usually hit the gym since they pay me for fitness and development time).

Altron: doncha actually have to be shagging first before you can affix that dubious name to that monstrosity?

It's accepted that "shaggin wagon" is just a nickname, and has no reference to the use of the car.

If I don't work through lunch I'm at work later in the evening anyway...I'd rather get home earlier...plus, if I'm out on site all day not much option other than to eat in my car unless I'm gonna go out to eat and I try to avoid that as much as possible (but often fail miserably) due to the insane cost and the badness for ones health.

I quite often forget to eat, when busy ...

but BoP's right - when ye can make time for a good leisurely lunch do so! ...arrange more non-essential meetings is my advice, it's amazing how many clients/ potential clients like to meet at good restaurants for a late lunch, clutching taxi numbers and fully researched on the wine list!

Odd how mobile phones seem to flake out at such times too! ;)

spooky!

I quite often forget to eat, when busy ...

but BoP's right - when ye can make time for a good leisurely lunch do so! ...arrange more non-essential meetings is my advice, it's amazing how many clients/ potential clients like to meet at good restaurants for a late lunch, clutching taxi numbers and fully researched on the wine list!

Odd how mobile phones seem to flake out at such times too! ;)

spooky!

I'm not important enough to arrange lunch meetings with clients yet but I do occasionally participate in lunches with clients.

When I do go out to lunch (be it with a client or just folks from work) my phone stays at my desk.

When I do go out to lunch (be it with a client or just folks from work) my phone stays at my desk.

No need for that, just tell your boss that you can not do that right now because you're having lunch.

I have my boss and the academic secretary on msn. Not that they ask stuff often when I'm not at work, but most of the times I just reply with a "I'll check it tomorrow in the morning".

ah, but that's a mistake right there ..then ya gotta go stagger back :eek: to go get it ...

whaddya do Nixy, if you don't mind me askin? :)

best, BBx

Back