my printer works!!!

tommyj27

Not really Banned
after an afternoon of headache my deskjet 812c works PERFECTLY under linux! i just had to tell someone.
:clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance::clap::nanabang::dance:
if i had anything to drink i be getting toasted in celebration, considering that i haven't been able to print for over a year without sneakernetting files to my parents windoze box.

w00t i love it when all is working in linux..... damn printers are so pick in winders to begin with.

Never had a problem with an HP in Linux, lot of trouble with Lexmark and some Canons though. Hey, I'm going to switch to Red Hat 9, anyone know where the fastest download is???

Mucho Garcias! (or something like it.)

chcr said:
Never had a problem with an HP in Linux, lot of trouble with Lexmark and some Canons though. Hey, I'm going to switch to Red Hat 9, anyone know where the fastest download is???

Mucho Garcias! (or something like it.)
Canons are a bitch (both in Win and *nix), lexmark isn't that bad (some of them anyway). HPs are great, so long as they're lasers and do postscript fast.

BTW, ftp.ens.utulsa.edu is my favorite for RH.
I mirror from them at this time (~12:30am) of night and usually get 3-4 Mbps. I even sustained 5 Mbps one night. :headbang:

Thanks, Justin, Beyonder rocks. I didn't check d/l speeds, but I downladed discs, 2 and 3 in under 1.5 hours. I didn't try yours, Mirlyn, because it's daytime and I expected it to be slower. Might try it tonite at home.

Thanks again!!!

chcr said:
Thanks, Justin, Beyonder rocks. I didn't check d/l speeds, but I downladed discs, 2 and 3 in under 1.5 hours. I didn't try yours, Mirlyn, because it's daytime and I expected it to be slower. Might try it tonite at home.

Thanks again!!!

Yea Blueyonder is my isp as well.. they got probably the best setup in England for broadband.

Mirlyn said:
HPs are great, so long as they're lasers and do postscript fast.
my HP laser actually took more monkeying around with than that deskjet, although the laser is a 2P which hasn't been made for ~13 years AFAIK. a massive 1.5MB of memory it takes about a minute and a half to process a single page.

Back