my weekend

freako104

for the weekend i had saturday off and went with my parents to the md renaissance festival. i special ordered a stuffed dragon that will be black with little red eyes and my new flogging whip :D.(im so into the latter im still waiting for my dragon) jsut curious what kinds of festivals like this are in your area and how was your guyss weeekend?

I gave up on the Renaissance Festivals when they started serving Miller beer and pizza. The authentic edge is gone gone gone.

:lol:

we have a potato festival, and a strawberry festival, and a whole whack of fall fairs...that's aboot it :D

there's a jazz festival in the Beaches of TO I hit every year, that's lovely :)

ACK... being in the big city, we have 10 festivals per week. Some of them get quite kooky. My favorite was Freaknik. It was the black college spring break where they would paralyze the city center for a weekend, tear everything up, piss in everyones yard, 24 hr booming music, packed restaurants, and the ever popular booth that had a noosed white mannequin where you would pay 10 bucks for a paintball uzi clip to 'shoot the evil whitey lawyer'.

Something we have right in the village annually (the only thing) is the Haunted House that the men at the Legion put on for the kids, EVERYONE goes, it's great, it takes about 30 minutes to go through, the kids love it, and there's a coffee/tea treats for the kids/meet and greet thing after.

Tons of fun in the wee village :D

uhhh they can and do on occasion :D

coffee/tea/treats for the ...

is that better? :p lol

In Panama, they had their annual 'Mate el Gringo' fiesta, but, for some strange reason, we were forbidden to go. Of course I snuck out to it anyway, and had a grand old time, drinking beer and stuffing my face with Chorizo...

*[/siz]

Leslie said:

Wasnt fussing. It just that most kids dont go for the general adult bitter caffeine drinks when Pepsi and Coke is so much more palatable to them. I don't think I dabbled in tea until I was 11, coffee 15.

We have way too much traditions.......i don't know where to start :D
The Mezcal and the Tequila fiestas are nice ;)

btw, :rofl2: @ Gato

unclehobart said:
Leslie said:

Wasnt fussing. It just that most kids dont go for the general adult bitter caffeine drinks when Pepsi and Coke is so much more palatable to them. I don't think I dabbled in tea until I was 11, coffee 15.
ahhh...but mine have been brainwashed to believe that cola is akin to poison... ;) they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole :D

no way... :D... at least youre not shelling out X$ for sodas and dentists. What kind of tea do they drink? English breakfast? earl grey? brand?

we have King Richard Faire here in massachusettes. havent been there in quite a number of years. the last time i went it cost $$$$. you had to buy tickets when you got in for food/drinks. no cash used in the fair grounds. couldn't redeem them after you left either. the jousting matches and the skits the actors put on were all very good i must add.

Wherabouts in Mass Spot? My bf and I frequently visit the Boston area, and are thinking of relocating there in a few years. :)

By the way, welcome!! :wave:

ty and hello.

i live 2 towns south of boston (randolph). if there is anything you'd like to know about the area, ask away.

By boyfriend went to Boston U for four years and I've visited 6 times already... We have enough info to know that we want to live there but the planning as far as what apartments are available in what areas and all that jazz we can do when we get more serious about it. We'll be in NY for at least another year. But thanks for the offer! :)

unclehobart said:
no way... :D... at least youre not shelling out X$ for sodas and dentists. What kind of tea do they drink? English breakfast? earl grey? brand?
good ol' Tetley, just like mom :D

Back