Nail Biting

Put strengthener or something that tastes nasty on them. The taste will put you off. Worked for me

Just think of all the nasty icky germs that accumulate and thrive under your fingernails. All the dirt, grime, little tiny microscopic pieces of ... filth that lives and grows under your nails.

:shrug: Works for me.

I chewed my nails for about 14 years. What finally did the trick for me was to quit smoking pot. No shit. The same time I finally quit smoking, I quit chewing my nails too. I did try the nasty polish stuff you can get, and it does work if you remember to put it on every day.

PT: I have only ever smoked twice. You think it might work if I start up for a few months then quit??? :tardbang:

True

There are 4.5 weeks of summer left...2.5 weeks of work...I plan to have a BLAST the last 2 weeks (now I just need to talk Vince into taking some time off work too...)

I think if I were to give up pot I'd definately turn into a nail biter. :s :eek2: I think that'd be bad.

If I don't have my wake n bake breakfast before work, I might as well stay home all day 'cause I'm going to be a bitch to everyone, nervous, tense.... *sigh* Such thoughts should not be entertained in my head.

If you find a way to stop Nixy, please tell me. Biting for 24 years and I can't help myself :insert nail-biting smilie here:

I got fake nails so that I I wouldn't bite my nalis anymore. It worked pretty decent. Or you can put Ipecac on your nails so that they taste like shit and make you feel ill when you bite them.

i hadn't bitten my nails in SO long. I went to see pirates of the caribbean and it had me kinda on the edge of my seat and i started chewing and now i can't stop

its taken me 26 years and several abortive attempts over the last 2 years to make what i think is a complete stop. i keep a nailfile and clippers handy a fair bit of the time so i can cut them quite short and stop myself picking at them.

i found the horrible tasting stuff didn't cut it with me, i was too bloody determined to chew away.

I was gonna say, something like Jalapeno sauce should work..
Or maybe stick your fingers in your ears every couple of hours.. earwax is NOT something you want to eat a lot of... :sick:

All it should really take though is for you to DECIDE that you're not going to bite them anymore. I up and decided to give up coffee and the only cup I've had since was an italian espresso that "simply had to be tasted". I decided to stop biting my nails, so I stopped. My sister decided to stop smoking (she got pregnant) so she did. Stop thinking that you need some magic remedy to stop and just stop.

a13antichrist said:
I was gonna say, something like Jalapeno sauce should work..
Or maybe stick your fingers in your ears every couple of hours.. earwax is NOT something you want to eat a lot of... :sick:.

And you'd know that how? :sick:

Back