Name that boat

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
See, I thought SS meant sailing ship too.

And I considered CSS for Confederate. Was afeared it might be Canuckian though.

Right now I have it narrowed down to:

Suppertime

Flatliner

Anonymous

Southron Yacht

I've done some googling and reading and haven't found anything about any sailing boats named "S.S" besides, a little boat with an outboard isn't exactly a sailing ship anyways...unless you're planning to jerry rig a sail onto it :p

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I've done some googling and reading and haven't found anything about any sailing boats named "S.S" besides, a little boat with an outboard isn't exactly a sailing ship anyways...unless you're planning to jerry rig a sail onto it :p

Google this...

It better be a sailing ship. Otherwise it's a sinking ship. Either way it SS.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Google this...

It better be a sailing ship. Otherwise it's a sinking ship. Either way it SS.

You're using sailing and floating interchangably...I certainly hope it's a floating ship...but to sail one requires...well, a sail :p

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, fine, sail and mean to move across water...and it makes no mention of physical sails...but still...I don't think the first S in "S.S." stands for "sailing" so it's a moot point :p

Inkara1

What's the "nazi" part of that link for? I didn't see a single reference to the schutzstaffel in there.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Oh, the tackle box has been cleaned/organized/inventoried already...

Today's the day, barring weather phenomena of Biblical proportions. And Saturday...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
How does all ears feel about the boat, if she doesn't like it you can name it...

"Irreconcilable differences"

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
How does all ears feel about the boat, if she doesn't like it you can name it...

"Irreconcilable differences"

She's neutral about it. I give her credit for this much. Never one time, no matter what else might be happening in our lives, has she ever offered to give me one sentence of grief about me goin fishin. I can't say that about The Beast. AE ain't much of a candidate to do any fishin. She might go out with me once or twice on it just to float around, but I don't see her drownin too many worms.

catocom said:
how 'bout call it...
"SouthernN'Proud"

Crossed my mind. I had almost decided on a name, then another one struck me that I think is gonna win the day. I intend to hit me a junkyard and buy a couple of the old, collapsable radio antennas and mount them on the front corners. Then I'll find a couple of Confederate flags to fly from those. They can be taken down during transport/storage and the "flag poles" would never be in the way. So I think it's gonna get named

"Rebel Raft"