Nancy Pelosi Basks

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwayman

Amazing how the religous aspect was worked in on the story.
Seeing that she is Italian I wonder if she has mob ties....

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070105/D8MF4D0O0.html
WASHINGTON (AP) - Swept into the most powerful political job ever held by a U.S. woman, Nancy Pelosi embarked on a jubilant victory lap with children and grandchildren in tow and a soundtrack by Tony Bennett: "I Left My Heart in San Francisco."

The crooner performed his signature tune at a $1,000-a-head fundraiser Thursday night where Pelosi, 66, celebrated her historic swearing-in as the nation's first-ever female speaker of the House, second in line to the presidency.

"Democrats are back and that is cause for celebration, and we are back after 200 years with the first woman speaker," the San Francisco Democrat told the roaring crowd of 1,200 at the National Building Museum. "Thanks to you, working moms in this country know there's a mom in the speaker's office who understands their challenges."

If you're trying to get me riled it it's not going to work. I have asked you to cut it out on the ignorant comments and if you can't manage that simple task then I'll see if I can't learn a new moderator function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back