Near Cat-astrophy

MrBishop

So...i come home from work and find my cat laying on the bottom of my stairs. He got out again. This time though...a neighbour who recognized him decided to keep him close to home. They tied him to my railing with a dog leash...and a shoestring around his neck. They even left some water for him.

The problem is that cats don't like being leashed....so he struggled...a lot!

To the point where he'd wrapped the leash around the railing until all he has left was about 1/2" of cord and what was wrapped around his neck. Blood...and lots of it, while I was trying desperatly to untie him. Blood in his mouth and on his paws, blood on me. I had to run into the house to get a knife and cut him loose. Threw the knife drawer to the floor getting the knife. Cut him loose just in time...he was freaking out!

I got two 2" long scratches on my arm for my troubles. He seems fine...don't know how he got the blood in his mouth, but he's eating and drinking. He's walking abouts...

All this before I have to leave for three days. I hope that he'll be fine...my father's going to feed the cats and fish while we're gone. Wish us luck!

Man, that's rough. Kinda dumb on the nieghbors part, but I guess he was trying to help.

PuterTutor said:
Man, that's rough. Kinda dumb on the nieghbors part, but I guess he was trying to help.

The poor kitty probably bit his tongue in the excitement before you got home. If he'll let you, check. As for the rest, if he/she is purring constantly, that's actually not a good sign. Cats purr both when they are content and when they are in great pain. If yor cat is walking around, and doesn't seem upset, fine, but have him/her checked by a vet anyway. You never know...

Professur said:
Which one?

Tarzan. He's the only great escaper that we have now that Slick died.

Gato - I gave him a thorough check... no pain from joints or bones. (I 'massaged' all areas to make sure). I called his vet... he gave me a series of "If this..then come in" "If that...then do this" all of which went to my father. He's the designated kittie sitter when the family goes away.

Back