need help

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:( can't help with meds, don't know what's available there (tylenol 2 or 3? ) try moving away from the computer screen for a bit.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tylenol doesn't, don't know 'bout Excedrin

Have a coffee, my monster headaches are always caffeine withdrawal.

drank like 4 coffees today, not that, slept at 11 last night, quite early, wonder if that has anything to do wiv it? :eek:

Q

yup, there's asprin in there :(

Excedrin Migraine is a nonprescription pain reliever that contains acetaminophen, aspirin, and therapeutically active caffeine. Most doctors know that this combination of ingredients is very effective for treating headaches. In fact, some prescription headache pain relievers contain caffeine as an active ingredient.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
what's your weather doing - did it cool down? changes in air pressure mean headache city for me, taking something helps.

from now on stay up till at least 3 am to avoid this recurring lol :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
look around you, find the nearest female, look pitiful, she'll likely have something in her purse you can take :D

greenfreak

Caffeine actually is supposed to help headaches, if you can believe it. My Dad got these 'cluster headaches' years ago (they still don't know what caused them) and the doc told him to start drinking regular coffee instead of decaf-he said it definately helped, although he couldn't sleep at night :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's something to do with shrinking the blood vessels I think. When you have a headache, your blood vessels are enlarged, caffeine shrinks them, less pressure. Something like that. Caffeine addicts' (like me) are used to small blood vessels, when they don't get any caffeine for a bit, the vessels enlarge again, causing headache. Drink caffeine to get rid of headache, addiction continues...vicious circle I'm currently trapped in lol

Kruz

I use 222's when i get a bad one, asprine with codine!! works great! only I have to get 'em in canada cause there perscription here in the states...

ris

i had some paracetamol and codeine tablets for my back a few years back. did wonders for the aches, i used to use them for really bad headaches too.