need help

i thought it was legal for your goverment to put the person in a psychiatric hospital against his will if he/she tried to commid suicide

It is. Which is still what I think should be done at this point. freako, you got to get him to go and have an assessment done. He may not feel like doing it again right now, but maybe next time he won't be so lucky either. People usually try again unless they get help.

well, actually you can make him go. 911. a person that makes an attempt to end their life is deemed a threat to their own well being, are unable to make competent decisions and can't refuse transport or treatment at the hospital. (at least up this way.)
your friends actions are a wakeup call. he needs help. did you get him to the crisis center?

We tied someones wrists and ankles together and cuffed him to the stretcher once because he tried to commit suicide and refused to go to the hospital. It's been so long, I can't remember what the name of the consent it is... Implied consent? Anyhow, each state (and county) has it's own laws regarding EMS and what they're allowed or not allowed to do.

i spoke to him today on campus. hes still depressed but he says not enough so to do anything drastic again. it was good to see him and to know hes still alive. i think gf is right it is implied consent but i didnt think of that plus i dont want to force him into anything to make him uncomfortable.

When people say that the desert is lifeless, it just makes me want to grab them by the collar and yell, "Why you stupid, stupid bastard!" Then I drive them out into the desert to where the circus is, and point out the many forms of zebra and clown life.

Back