Need some European help....

<< Northern Scottish accent... Only have the laptops built in microphone just now so I cannae do anything decent just now :(

If you guys/gals send me enough of these i can use a different one each month. Better yet i can make a disk, sell it, make millions and laugh at all of you for not signing contracts.
BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!

Jerrek said:
Just needling ya Justin... ;) but your voice is kind of Britishy with some odd flavors mixed into it.

:tardbang: i thought the same thing about you, cept canadian with some really odd flavours :D kind of britishy? guess you're accustomed to the cliche queens english Bond movie accents eh? :laugh:

I rarely hear a British accent here. Those that I do hear are from movies... Most notably Formula 51 in recent days. Its been a long time since I visited England... Wouldn't mind doing it again sometime.

So, how does Queen's English differ from those spoken in York, Cambridge, Nottingham, Tottenham, etc? (I'm just pulling names from my mind lol)

Think BBC World Service or Hugh Grant. We have regional accents just as you would find in any other country, but some us do actually speak correctly, if not all the time. Personally, it depends to whom I'm speaking. When I'm speaking to my friends I tend to slip into the local dialect but if I'm dealing with people in authority the voice comes out.

My mother's always saying she'd love to be able to speak like me, but she has a slight german accent so can't. I don't actually really notice it, but other people are always telling me what a nice speaking voice I have.

If you want to hear what I sound like and you have realplayer you can go hear, but the recordings aren't very good as I made them some considerable time ago and was concentrating on not making a mistake.

Click on Autumnal Hymn or Curlews Call Me Home.

Feeling My Way

Aunty Em said:
Personally, it depends to whom I'm speaking. When I'm speaking to my friends I tend to slip into the local dialect but if I'm dealing with people in authority the voice comes out.

same here, i can speak semi-proper queens english when ready :D, spent alot of the early years in South Gate, so at least got good grammar with a fairly decent accent :lol: but moving to tottenham all these years does take a toll on you :D

Back