New can of worms...

Rise of homosexuality?

There is certainly a lot more media exposure, but I do not think there is a "rise" in homosexuality. The population of homosexuals is actualy quite low.

I have heard before that homosexuality is nature's way of dealing with overpopulation. That is an interesting perspective, however, the notion that the world is overpopulated is just a myth.

Haven't read a line, and not going to either. Just here to toss a bit of fat into the flames. Children at a young age tend to stay with their own gender. This has been observed across the world, in all cultures. Boys will tend to play with boys and exclude girls, unless population factors intervene (no other children, more girls than boys, etc). IMHO, if a child discovers sex during this period, he'll (she'll) be more likely to tranfer those feelings to the same sex. Similarly, after puberty, girls suddenly become less repulsive (ever notice that and wonder why?) So, perhaps the dramatic increase of sexual presence is to blame.

Professur said:
Haven't read a line, and not going to either. Just here to toss a bit of fat into the flames. Children at a young age tend to stay with their own gender. This has been observed across the world, in all cultures. Boys will tend to play with boys and exclude girls, unless population factors intervene (no other children, more girls than boys, etc). IMHO, if a child discovers sex during this period, he'll (she'll) be more likely to tranfer those feelings to the same sex. Similarly, after puberty, girls suddenly become less repulsive (ever notice that and wonder why?) So, perhaps the dramatic increase of sexual presence is to blame.

I stand by my original premis. Especially when you take into account that kids go through stages, and will play with opposite sex children until a certain age as well.

Back