New Family Member

[b said:
]
You really need to be active to have dogs like that.

I'm hoping that having an active dog that would make me more active.

lol that's one of the quotes on the "reasons to NOT buy a lab" list :laugh: But if you are normally an active person without anyone to be active with, that's a different story. Rusty's the active one. He walks everywhere, goes jogging, bike riding... I'm the lazy one. So you know who will be walking the dog in the early morning hours. :D

My wife & kid are suddenly wanting a dog. We had problems with our last one but they decided it's time to replace him. Instaed of a mid size(or larger) they want a rug-rat. Hope I don't step on it in the middle of the night. Something like this:

thunderjuly2.jpg

i would say that i am an active person. at least i used to be. i just don't have anybody to be active with. but that is one thing that does concern me, what if it turns out i really am just a lazy slob.

Not a big problem, . The dog will just turn out to be a lazy slob too.

you like brown dogs i see. cute puppy. been thinking about getting a 2nd dog, but not enough room in the house.
working dogs like labs and border collies and expecting them to be lazy house dogs. You really need to be active to have dogs like that.

tell me about it. mine is lab/greyhound/terrier mix. talk about energy....

LOL, yes the first thing I told my wife was that she screwed up, it didn't even match. She is fitting in quite nicely though. Cappy, the biggest has taken her under his wing and is already her protector. Dixon, our little crackdog, isn't real happy with the new arrival, but Cappy let him know he will not mess with the baby girl. Sneakers couldn't give a shit one way or another, as long as he still gets the prime spot under the bed at night. Hana gets on top of the bed for now, couple weeks, she'll have to fight it out where she sleeps.

[b said:
]i would say that i am an active person. at least i used to be. i just don't have anybody to be active with. but that is one thing that does concern me, what if it turns out i really am just a lazy slob.
Next time I visit Florida, lets go skydiving, bungee jumping, catapulting, rowing, shooting, water skiing, and disturbing the shit. :p ;)

For your fifth dog, get a pug. They can't bark, they can't bite, and they are scared of all other dogs, cats, children, and people. :p

I only know about half, none are purebreeds. Cappy is half Chow, and I think some German Sheppard, maybe some Lab. Sneakers has some Weiner dog, I couldn't tell you what else. Dixon I'm not sure at all. He looks like a minuature version of a Greyhound, but I don't know if that means anything. Hana's mom was a white lab, not sure who daddy was.

Cappy came from a poor family, all his brothers and sisters are dead already, got run over by cars. Sneakers and Dixon were both pound pups, saw em in the local paper, and just had to go get them. Hana came from Walmart, as I said. We like mutts, and we like the feeling that they aren't being put down. I've only had to put one dog down in my life, and that was a Dalmation I had about 4 years ago, Cheif. He was completely deaf, and the vet told us then that we should put him down as a pup, and save ourselves the hassle, but we tried anyway. When he was a little over a year old, a neighbor walked up behind him and he turned around and snapped at him. Didn't hurt him bad, but enough for three stitches, and the stupid neighbor knew he was deaf, but wasn't thinking. I took him to the vet the next day and had him put down. Sad thing is, I think I felt more putting that dog down than for most people I've known that have died. Here is Cheif.

Attachment(s):

image-05.jpg, 19.12kb

194_1038813791.jpg

that sucks about the dalmation. people can be so stupid.

pound dogs are the best. :headbang:

Luis G said:
Walmart sells those? :confuse3:

mine doesnt :( wish they did all associates get a discount. PT very cute puppy you take care of her ok. thanks for the puppy pics guys they were very cute. does anyone else on here like cats and kittens too? those are so cute too!

Not a big problem, . The dog will just turn out to be a lazy slob too.

thanks... :D

Next time I visit Florida, lets go skydiving, bungee jumping, catapulting, rowing, shooting, water skiing, and disturbing the shit.

Better watch it LL, people will think you're asking me out on a date. ;)

[b said:
]Better watch it LL, people will think you're asking me out on a date. ;)
:blush: Err, damn, did I come forth that strong? I invite you to have some fun with me and .... :blush: ;)

[b said:
]Better watch it LL, people will think you're asking me out on a date. ;)

Don't you think he wasn't. :p

If you're looking to get out of the house, dude, maybe we should mount another expedition down to St. Marks to take pictures. We can take Sara and the kids with us. With all that bait, I'm sure we'll get lots of good pictures of the alligators. :p

Ardsgaine said:
We can take Sara and the kids with us. With all that bait, I'm sure we'll get lots of good pictures of the alligators. :p
:rofl:
My brother wants a puppy. I'm not really a dog person. Dogs like to chase me around and I watch "The Sandlot" way too many times as a young child. You know, the movie with the killer dog in the nightbors house and they try to save the baseball from it...

[quote="Jerrek]Next time I visit Florida, lets go skydiving, bungee jumping, catapulting, rowing, shooting, water skiing, and disturbing the shit. :p ;)[/quote]

i don't think you could have made yourself sound more gay tahn you just did.

Back