New film raises fears of Muslim outrage

I didn't see the part in Jim's video where they did that either.

In the documentary the Evangelicals did get kids to talk about how great it would be for them to fight and die for their religion. Like maybe they could get sent over to the middle east to remove people from their heads and blow shit up as they are doing now. They get to kill far more than other religions that way.

Interesting book on the religious rights influence on military policy:

a thoroughly researched work on the secretive, appalling influence and pervasiveness of the religious Far Right within the military, and the power that fundamentalist world view has on every aspect of the military. Loveland traces the origins and growth of the spreading cancer which even today is so secretive most non-believers are unaware of it. The degree of control over policy and even strategy is frightening. No one concerned about the military or even state of democracy in this country can afford to miss this book.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Evangelicals-U-S-Military-1942-1993/dp/080712091X

More here:

For decades, especially since the end of the Vietnam War, the US military has been wrestling with aggressive sects of doomsday Christians demanding control and conversions of those of other faiths as well as nonbelievers within the armed forces.

Even beyond this high-pressure hard sell, those Judgment Day, apocalyptic Christian leaders, with followings estimated at 40 million parishioners, have urged public officials on all levels to wage war with Israel's enemies. Sometimes they and others even send their followers into dangerous war zones to preach their faith and risk lives. In at least one case, the Pentagon is supporting a Christian evangelistic group's efforts to promote itself inside the Muslim-dominated Iraq war zone.

The end-time evangelists' aggressive domestic and foreign relations stances have frequently caught the ears of President George W. Bush and those within his administration, as well as a large cadre of influential congressmen.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/082407R.shtml

The evangelicals haven't been beheading their opposition or blowing shit up. (yes, some would like to)

sorry to go back to something that's been tread upon 8000 times here, but gee gonz, at one time or another zealots of virtually any stripe have done shit likel that. and we don't need to go over all the examples of things christians have done in their more, um, historically violent phases.

and if there were foreign troops on our soil or exerting a strong regional influence, you can bet your ass that they'd be blowing motherfuckers up left and right.

Thank you. I have a long way to go, but I know that the Lord is with me and will help me on that journey.:)

I just bought this movie from out of Aubany GA.
Flywheel

It's how I've seen situations several times in my life.
It Is how it work, and is an instired movie IMO.

It might help in your quest.

hmmm maybe the obvious ideological similarities at the fringes?

like, for instance, ahmadinefuckfacejad wants to hang any homos he catches in iran. kinda like what someoen like SnP but a little crazier would do here.

hey as long as yer fine with being chattel, it's cool.

hey, why not ancient history? you go there all the time billy bob.

:silly:

How about staying within the twentieth century. I'm sure you could come up with plenty of examples of Christians killing non-believers; and I can come up with a few about non-Christians slaughtering non-believers.

I'll go first.

1915-1918 Islamic Ottoman Turkey slaughters 1.5 million mostly Christian Armenians in the first recognized genocide of the twentieth century.
Your turn.

Nazis were a political party, and not a religion. You can make a claim that they were a Christian group, but they also never swore that their pogram was ordained to them through their religion.

Nazis were a political party, and not a religion. You can make a claim that they were a Christian group, but they also never swore that their pogram was ordained to them through their religion.

Thanks. You beat me to that one.

You could also check that list I posted.

I did; and most of it is pure crap. Also, it never showed anything about how Christians are banding together to kill all homosexuals, abortionists, et al. We can present plenty of examples of thoes who follow the "peaceful religion of Islam" killing people for nothing more than a perceived insult or, in one case, calling for the death of a woman who allowed her school children to name a teedy bear "Mohammad".

Turkey isn't a religion either. The IRA wasn't a religion.

The game seems to be making illogical generalizations of billions of people. I'm just playing along.

The Nazis often used the church as a basis for their actions.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord"

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Also

http://books.google.com/books?id=RreXLeUG_AIC&pg=PA36&lpg=PA36&dq=nazi+religious+basis&source=web&ots=BpRx_URQwg&sig=puoehckTcDUMVf0xySgqteWPzyA

Turkey isn't a religion either. The IRA wasn't a religion.

The game seems to be making illogical generalizations of billions of people. I'm just playing along.

The Nazis often used the church as a basis for their actions.

You seem to not realize that the Ottoman Turks were a theocrical government which allowed Christians and Jews to exist under the Dhimmi system. That same government then prosecuted a systematic extermination program against only the Christian and Jewish Armenians.

Here is a pretty good writeup on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

Hey the Nazis prosecuted a systematic extermination program as well.

Yay! We're on the same page.

Hey the Nazis prosecuted a systematic extermination program as well.

Yay! We're on the same page.

The Nazis also killed Jehova's Witnesses, Seventh Day adventists, Gypsys, the mentally ill, the physically disabled, and any person they deemed "not German enough". By tying it to Christianity, instead of looking at it objectively, you have shown yourself woefully ignorant. Try facts instead of innuendo, and you'll do much better.

I didn't tie it to religion, Hitler did.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord"

By ignoring this fact you are proving yourself stupendously foolish.

You might want to notice that the Turks killed multiple religions as well. I wonder if you had a point?

Oh and would you mind pointing out the innuendo? I thought I was pretty blatant.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.

-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Back