New Indian Ringneck Parakeet

tonksy

birds are like the only animals whose babies are across the board ugly...in a endearing sort of way. congrats on the new baby! how's he fitting in?

greenfreak

I think he's kinda cute. From the neck up, that is. ;)

Looking forward to seeing him with all his feathers grown in. How much bigger will he get?

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
birds are like the only animals whose babies are across the board ugly...in a endearing sort of way. congrats on the new baby! how's he fitting in?

You forgot humans. :lol:

HomeLAN

I disagree with that. I have seen ugly human babies, but it's not the norm.

That's done for a reason, BTW - it's to prevent the male parent from strangling them.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
I disagree with that. I have seen ugly human babies, but it's not the norm.

That's done for a reason, BTW - it's to prevent the male parent from strangling them.
I bow to your greater experience in this area. ;)

HomeLAN

You never got around to having any? Like most realistic parents, I can't decide whether to offer condolences or congratulations....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
to prevent the male parent from strangling them.

That's also the reason that, generally speaking, the infant tends to look like the paternal family.

A.B.Normal

tonksy said:
He's the only baby so far this year from any of the pairs of IR we have,usually there is about 5 or 6 by now,so he's getting lots of attention .

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
He's the only baby so far this year from any of the pairs of IR we have,usually there is about 5 or 6 by now,so he's getting lots of attention .

oooooooooh he's YOUR baby (well, YOUR BIRDS' baby) that makes it so much more cool!! Will you keep him? Did you see him hatch?