New Job.....

Mare

So, season is here once again in Florida....I start my new job today, waitressing at Denny's-hope this works out...never knew it was suck a big franchise though....had to do orientation yesterday and OMG, all the :bs: I had to go through! :alienhuh:

unclehobart said:
It is a big franchise.. and it does suck.

Should have hooked up with Waffle House instead.

I'm not sure where the closest Waffle Huse is to me???
Did you work at Denny's before? I needed to work ASAP..ya know with Christmas coming up and all...the "asshole" (My X) sure isnt going to help with boys again this year!

Mare said:
Did you work at Denny's before? I needed to work ASAP..ya know with Christmas coming up and all...the "asshole" (My X) sure isnt going to help with boys again this year!
No.. never worked in a Dennys.. but I've been to all of the major chains a few dozen times in a few dozen locations and states. They all have certain personality variances and a certain clientel that tends to gravitate to each one. Denny's is ok... much better than a Shoney's; the clientel at Denny's is decent, but highly transient. You don't see many regulars, nor is the cookstaff all that speedy. As a waitress it translates into less frequent tipping and generally lesser value of tipping. Also... Denny's customers tend to be picky fuckers demanding a wee bit more asskissing than most.

Did Dennys switch to the shiny diner theme or not? Some seems to be & more aren't. I never saw anything about them dropping this stupid plan.

They probably get renovated every now and then to the new theme. I still see the occasional Denny's with the old logo on its sign.

I've been to a lot of Denny's locations (about the only place in California I can consistently count on to be open all night at all locations) and not a single one of them has had one of the five floor plans available on the "get your own Denny's franchise" website.

hahaha, inky, remember when i ran a site called dennysfreaks.com ?
i love denny's. i want to go there right now, but sadly i can't/shouldnt afford it right now.
mare, if you worked the denny's in laurel maryland, you'd get crazy tipped. my friends and i tip so much.
and who says there's no regulars? i routinely see the same few people there when i go, i wave to them and sometimes strike up conversation. there's a cool guy who's just chill, and this girl that goes to the college i used to go to and usually has fun rants about the liquor store she works at, there's the cool geeky guy, and then there's the old guy with the beard, the pipe, and the newspaper, who always glares at jay and i :(. but we see them like every time we go there.
i once wrote a poem about denny's.

move up here and you will love life.

Mare said:

The closest WH locations to you are in:

Venice
Punta Gorda
Port Charlotte
Sarasota

Sharky said:
The closest WH locations to you are in:

Venice
Punta Gorda
Port Charlotte
Sarasota

The one in Port Charlotte is no more"CHARLEY" took it away and they never brought it back. I know of a great IHOP in Punta Gorda but no waffle house. Not to sure of Venice either. Most likely Sarasota though. I know there's one on 75 going to Sarasota, thats probable it.

After a Long training of 2 wks, I finally get to waitress and make some $$$ today-Thank God! :swing:
I swear, Denny's is worse than Walmart when it comes to the training crap!

Waitstaffs get paid, well, hardly, but technically it's paid. (less than min wage before tips)

Back