New Job.....

Yes i was getting paid $6:15 an hour to train...and yesterday had to go in and take a written test and I Passed-TYVM! I dropped down to $3:13...and got to keep my tips..I made $53.00 in tips yesterday! :swing: :swing: :swing: and workking today too.

Mare said:
Yes i was getting paid $6:15 an hour to train...and yesterday had to go in and take a written test and I Passed-TYVM! I dropped down to $3:13...and got to keep my tips..I made $53.00 in tips yesterday! :swing: :swing: :swing: and workking today too.

$3.13? holy mother, what's y'all's minimum wage? Here it's $6.25

Hyper low wages are for waitress style jobs where tipping is expected. If you play your cards right and get a good client base, one can make quite a good living at it.

knew one guy worked at at a upscale seafood place, he would make at least $600 tips a night.

bartenders at busy clubs...at least a grand a night.

nalani said:
$3.13? holy mother, what's y'all's minimum wage? Here it's $6.25

Not really sure what minium wage is, for waitresses its always lower because they figure in your tips. This week I worked 5 days, in the five days i came home with this:
day 1....43.00
day 2....48.00
day 3....50.00
day 4....74.00
day 5....74.00
not bad plus my pay. :) and its season it will get better, just with the storm and all ppl have been scared to spend.

unclehobart said:
... Denny's customers tend to be picky fuckers demanding a wee bit more asskissing than most.

I'd just like to get served in a timely manner without a legion of lawyers and the local chapter of the NAACP...:p

Well, I start another job today! The pink Elephant Resturant of Boca Grande.
Their cheapest dinner starts at $22.00...their most expensive is $36.00, just for a piece of pie is $8.50, and their wine list is outrageously expensive, lunches mostly i'll be doing, which a burger starts at $8.50, unreal, but ppl there buy it. I was told that most ppl on the island have accounts with the resturant, so right off the back your gaurentted 20% of the bill, not bad I say.

Denny's did SUCK, Big Time! You run your ass off for someone to leave you a buck or two, and then it was manditory for everyone to work Christmas Day! Sorry, Wasnt gonna be me. The boys don't have their Dad to depend on and I'm all they really have.

Keep all posted on how it is going! :D

Back