New York violating MOVE Act

I'd like to thank you for your fine contribution to this thread.

right jim. that's why schumer (D) co-sponsored the bill and is now a vocal critic of what is happening. it's because democrats aren't real americans and they hate the military.

What did jim say?

It seems that, once again, a liberal bastion seeks to disenfranchise our military personnel.

SOURCE

Liberals part of the problem? More likely than you think.

all you and jim have done is whine about NY liberals. fact is, only a few freaks have any interest in denying the military vote. it's more or less another 'blame the liberals for anything random i don't happen to like.'

don't like the service down at your local feed and tack store? it's the liberals.
lost your job? it's the liberals (it has nothing to do with your own incompetence).
end up jobless and then working at wal-mart? it's the liberals.
late library books? it's the liberals.
erectile dysfunction? yep, liberals.

heay, wait a minute...
you can be jobless, and working at wal-mart at the same time?
must be those liberals!:lol2:

kill them commies

and then when you find in the final analysis that it is
really is the Liberals fault you wanna kill them!

hey man as long you wanna keep blaming somebody else and avoiding personal responsibility for how your life is going, that's cool.

Personal responsibility isn't that the chant of the TEA Party???

Liberals, machine gun them and shovel them all into mass graves

2n9i744.jpg

2n9x91g.jpg

23h7fqp.jpg

hey man as long you wanna keep blaming somebody else and avoiding personal responsibility for how your life is going, that's cool.
I don't have anything to do with the liberals who run Albany.

Today a friend took me to lunch downtown. As we arrived we saw two homeless vets sitting under a tree across the street in the park. In-short: my buddy ordered them each a lunch and a drink had them delivered across the street to the 2 vets.

violating natural laws

then he shot them

(last meal and all)

can't have Vets stinkin' up the place

nxm6o2.jpg

Naw, the guys I were with are both vets and it was mexican food. It was easy to get the delivery sent over to the park, the owner is a Blue-Star mother and wife of a vet.

Today a friend took me to lunch downtown. As we arrived we saw two homeless vets sitting under a tree across the street in the park. In-short: my buddy ordered them each a lunch and a drink had them delivered across the street to the 2 vets.

great. you're my hero. because your friend bought lunch.

great. you're my hero. because your friend bought lunch.
well, yeah. That was the short story. It's more about the company you keep and what you do in your world.

See, I recognized one of the men from a few years back at the 'stand-down' (2003 I think). That's why we approached them in the first place. The stand-down is a community project designed specifically for homeless and very down-n-out vets. It's is big project where homeless vets are sought out by everyone from the police to mental health and private citizens to volunteer vets.

A military style camp is set up where they are brought, if they are willing to come. Most do come in the end once their brothers in arms come to talk to them and explain the project. A tent city where bugles sound, flags are raised and the men are treated with pride and respect as they get a chance to live in a manner that may have the very best period of their lives.

In the end the best effort is made to help these guys get some level of help in hope bringing these guy back into society.
  • Four days of professional help and few days of buffer before and after.
  • Professionals to help the vets seek VA benefits.
  • Shelters and other civilian housing programs are there.
  • People offering light jobs and other opportunities.
  • There's are volunteer to help with minor medical and dental in the camp, as well as an effort to get the vets to seek more care when needed.
  • Volunteer lawyers and a Superior Court judge hold court in camp to help these guy clear up what legal issues they can.
  • The vets get an opportunity to get the very basic like new clothes and linked to sources like the local food banks.
  • it's a big deal.
Anyway, I worked the stand-down for four years and had the opportunity to meet this man and work with him for a few months.

He's still drinking but doing fairly well these days. He shaves and showers and doesn't isolate as he floats from city to city anymore. He's back at the shelter and is still in contact with son and his brother these days. It' not the best life but he likes it OK and he's free to live it as he chooses.

Its a great feeling when someone walks up to us a grocery store and tells us how they have improved their life with a hand up. ...Now I'm not talking about just vets, I'm talking about hundreds of people who we've helped over the years. Even my kids have are recognized by people who were once living under bridges, ......but that is another story.

Yeah, my friend bought a couple of guys lunch because those guys are the ones who are the heroes.

:usa:

You really should come down to Main Street sometime.

You really should come down to Main Street sometime.

the last time i mentioned anything about my own charitable actions or donations you were a complete ass. remember that karma i posted? if that's main street, you can keep it, buddy.

but it is great that you helped with the vet thing. nice work. now if you could just stop assuming other people - regardless of whether or not they agree with you on certain issues - don't take that kind of thing as seriously as you think you do, well, maybe your efforts will amount to more than moral masturbation.

the last time i mentioned anything about my own charitable actions or donations you were a complete ass. remember that karma i posted? if that's main street, you can keep it, buddy.

but it is great that you helped with the vet thing. nice work. now if you could just stop assuming other people - regardless of whether or not they agree with you on certain issues - don't take that kind of thing as seriously as you think you do, well, maybe your efforts will amount to more than moral masturbation.
Oh I remember that post well.

Minx. Donations are great and important, much of the good that happens out there is dependent on people like you. Unfortunately I see too much fraud going on these days, so little goes to the end results and often it end up in political coffers or someones executive pay. A social construct of "help".

Organized charity is not much different than organized religion or government. Taking the time and making the effort to do something first hand has aq greater benefit for a community, as well as for the individual making the investment.

People are people. Much of the problem we have with poverty is a direct results of hardened social constructs artificially created to benefit the down trodden. Many of those who who unplug from this construct, as animals, can't handle the complexities of the construct. -- You can either destroy them or understand the complexities of the construct have become to rigid for them (even for most people who do function in it daily).

bah, enough, I smell fresh pumpkin muffins.

Back