News that's worth Quoting

MrBishop

From another thread...an idea is born.

Some News channels have a right-wing bent, some have a left-wing bent, some are fairly neutral and some shouldn't be called news channels at all.

Since sources seem to be a big issue Re: validity ... which sources would you consider Right/Left/Middle/None when it came to news?

Examples are always welcome.

That is exactly what I was saying before certain "news" sources should not be used if an arguement wants to be taken seriously by all sides. Fox news being one such source

MrBishop said:
From another thread...an idea is born.

Some News channels have a right-wing bent, some have a left-wing bent, some are fairly neutral and some shouldn't be called news channels at all.

Since sources seem to be a big issue Re: validity ... which sources would you consider Right/Left/Middle/None when it came to news?

Examples are always welcome.
What are you talking about? I thought news was supposed to be fair and unbiased.

:D

ekahs retsam said:
That is exactly what I was saying before certain "news" sources should not be used if an arguement wants to be taken seriously by all sides. Fox news being one such source

Absolutely. Neither should CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, The New York, Washington or the Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The Miami Herald, The Arizona Republic, The Houston Chronicle...need I go on?

How do you feel about F.A.I.R. or the Smoking Gun ?

Gonz said:
...need I go on?
Yes...with a few examples of what you would consider unbiased news sources. Even if they're boring places to visit.

IMHO - news being entertaining is the reason why most 'news sites' get skewed

I don't have a problem with biased sources - as long as they admit they are biased. WorldNetDaily is a good example. Yes they are right winged, but they don't deny it either.

MrBishop said:
Yes...with a few examples of what you would consider unbiased news sources. Even if they're boring places to visit.

So far, in the 21st Century, there is none. Fox seems to use fewer adjectives & more information, from all perspectives, giving both sides, which is a switch from the typical biased story.

rrfield said:
I don't have a problem with biased sources - as long as they admit they are biased. WorldNetDaily is a good example. Yes they are right winged, but they don't deny it either.

One of my favorites. They, like Drudge, tend to post headlines leading to other sites. Their own sources are incredibly biased.

Back