NFL week 3

markjs

Banned
Man I must have aged five years. The Seahawks narrowly beat the Bungles, but a win is a win! I guarantee it'll be on NFL Replay or Game Of The Week. On to Frisco for the battle for the west!

I guess rumors of McNabb's demise are premature?

How about those Cardinals? They lost, but Kurt Warner returned to superbowl form and lit up Baltimore's vaunted D. I hope they go back to Leinart, or it's an anomaly because if the old Kurt is back and back to stay, then the Cards are contenders!

Love seeing the Lambs 0-3, put a fork in them, they are done!

I am betting the Packers win the NFC north, after having their way with the chargers, they are for real.

The Cowgirls are going to spell the end of the Gross-man era in Chicago, and rise to the top of the NFC in the power polls. Much as I hate them, I hate Chicago, and the media lovefest that is always had everytime they are mentioned even more.

Oh and congrats to Choakland for squeeking past the Clowns. If Culpepper returns to the kind of QB I know he can be, Russel could ride the bench for a good while and things could be looking up in the uglier side of the Frisco bay

The Falcons put up another spectacular display in nearly setting a franchise record for penalties on their way to an almost near thing with North Carolina.

God... what happend to the Rams?

Kitna put up some freaky yardage for the Lions... most in desperation though.

I'm almost wondering which of the 0-3's is going to be the last to win a game.

After watching Losman go down with a knee injury, I'm tempted to put down a fiver on Buffalo for having that dubious honor.

Also... how many kicks were returned for TD's across the league? Sheesh! It seemed like at least 4.

I have Brian Westbrook on the fantasy team. He hasn't showed up at aall till this week, but man! He had 110 Rushing yards on 14 attempts, and two TDs. But then he tops it off with 5 receptions for 111 years and another TD. He probably singlehandedly brought me to victory. I was a fool to start Marc Bulger though, I so should have started Hassselbeck. But Randy Moss picked up the slack for me.

Baltimore's "vaunted" defense is about three or four years past its "vaunted" prime. Jet's looked a bit better this week. Isn't there one of those insufferable "Raydahs" fans floatin' around here somewhere?

Present!

images

You know what's pathetic,is every week win or lose, no matter how many yards he carries for or how many touchdowns he gets, I'd say a good 1/4 to 1/5 of Seahawk fans, cry about how much Shaun Alexander sucks, and how he's such a pussy because he doesn't run people over.

Since he has been a starter, and when he wasn't injured, he has averaged just about exactly 1500 yards a season. His running style has always been that of an elusive runner, and not a big bruising back. They'd like to have him change who he is, and risk a lot of big injuries, rather than be a consistanly great back with an uncanny nose for the endzone, who knows how to play smart and stay healthy. Bunch of freakin MORONS!

As for the 1/4 to 1/5th that cry about what a lousy coach Holmgren is every week, well.....Just don't get me started!

God I hate to admit it, but Tony Romo is a great QB and fun to watch.

I wouldn't trade our wateboy for Wrecks Gross-man, and $5.

Grossman is passing for almost a 35 QB rating. The guy is jr. varsity at best. Thing is if he stays this bad they are going to go to Brian Griese, who is actually a competent QB, and that could bring the Bears back up to the level of contender again.

Yay Raiders! :D

Good football day for my family... Raiders and Cowboys both won.

WTF was the deal with the Eagles' uniforms? Hell, maybe the Raiders should put on some horrendously ugly uniforms if it means scoring 50+ points.

RE Alexander: A normal offense would have a tailback for first and second down, like Alexander, then a fullback for third-and-short situations, who will power his way up the gut for three yards or so, right? I haven't watched Alexander a huge amount, but he sounds like the kind of back that needs a good line in front of him to open some holes, but once he gets in the open field he can make moves and outrun people. A power running back who can drive a pile a few yards with his legs is generally going to not be as fast, so if he gets in the open field a DB (which is generally a WR that can't catch) will probably catch him from behind. So it seems like the fans need to take their pick... a bruiser who powers his way for 2-4 yards a carry, or someone who averages 1,500 yards a season.

WTF was the deal with the Eagles' uniforms? Hell, maybe the Raiders should put on some horrendously ugly uniforms if it means scoring 50+ points.
Retro day... Redskins too. Apparently all of the teams loved that godawful optic yellow at one point.

I am beginning to think the Patriots should just be spottted 38 points every game, they always seem to score exactly 38.

I was watching the SNF game twixt Dallas and Chicago. I was actually liking the way Rex was playing through the first half. I was mediocre on the first half of the 3rd quarter... then fell asleep thinking the game was balanced and might be a fight even though Chicago was losing a starting defender in every series. I woke up to read that it all fell apart on them after that and the Gross-man ended up with 3 INT and little to no 2nd half production. I too think that Rex's days as the #1 man are nearly done.

For real. Is he THAT much better than, say, Joey Harrington? Or Seneca Wallace? Bruce Gradkowski? Or dare I say...Ryan Leaf?

Back