Night, night!

Aunty Em

... I'm off to bed early tonight as I have to be at Great Ormond Street Hospital with Katie in London by 10.30am to see her Cardiologist so I need to make an early start. I just hope it's not too icey in the morning, I hate scraping the car off.....:disgust:

Seeya later :wave:

Good night :)

Hey, why don't you drape an old rug or something like that over your windshield tonight? Just hold it there with the wipers. That way, you just peel it off tomorrow morning and there's no scraping to do!

That's what we're doing at the moment. It's feckin' cold in old blighty right now, innit? :D

goodnight! i gotta work tomorrow, wish i had a broken foot or somethin, few weeks in bed would be nice, thats how much i hate my current work

Scanty said:
Hey, why don't you drape an old rug or something like that over your windshield tonight? Just hold it there with the wipers. That way, you just peel it off tomorrow morning and there's no scraping to do!

It took me 10 minutes to scrape the car off enough to see where I was going this morning - my wiper waterbottle iced up even though it's 15% winterwash with antifreeze so it must have been lower than -10C last night. But if I left a rug over the windshield 10 to 1 it wouldn't be there in the morning, someone(probably the local teenagers) would have pinched it just for the hell of it! :(

It's knackering taking Katie up to London in her wheelchair on the train on my own. I've been back about 30 minutes and am only just beginning to feel human again. Well one good thing is I've probably had my excercise for the week! :D

Seriously, that idea is worth using. It doesn't have to be a rug. Just put a few sheets of newspaper against the window and hold it down with the wipers. It works a treat. They wouldn't steal newspaper, would they?
And even if they would, it's worth a try anyway, it's only newspaper. :)

Hope everything is as good as can be with Katie.

Katie's fine, 88% O2 saturation so her drugs are working fine, it was just a regular checkup. I just have to remember to get our doc to do a full blood count the next time they want to draw blood as she wasn't co-operative today and refused to have her BP taken - that should be fun! :eek:

Surely newspapers sticks to the screen? :confuse3:

Glad to hear it.

No, it doesn't stick at all...trust me. It just peels off. The frost all goes on the top of it. An old towel would work as well.

If you want a fast out on the mornings you forget to do it.. just hold said same old towel under scalding sink water and then slap it on the windshield. That should give you a good viewing area in seconds. Be sure to hit it with the screen wipers before it has a chance to refreeze.

unclehobart said:
If you want a fast out on the mornings you forget to do it.. just hold said same old towel under scalding sink water and then slap it on the windshield. That should give you a good viewing area in seconds. Be sure to hit it with the screen wipers before it has a chance to refreeze.

Just pray it isn't too cold, or you'll have cracks running all through the windscreen. ;)

It works here where its only marginal shitty cold.. I dare say it wouldn't work in ball busting Yellowknife cold.

unclehobart said:

It's better to pour cold water onto the screen and wiper it so it doesn't split. I just couldn't be assed with running in and out so used the de-icer spray and scraper, which I find isn't as good.

While the newspaper trick is OK if it doesn't rain, when it does and then freezes it's really fun to try to get off. :D

Justintime said:
Aunty Em said:
so it must have been lower than -10C last night.

where do you live? :eek: tell me so i can stay the hell away! :D

Colchester - 56miles in a north easterly direction from you! It was probably the wind chill factor, it's so flat here that there's always a wind blowing.

i remember when i was in Ireland, brrr! never a sunny day, always bleak and dreary and COLD for the month i spent there, and this was in July 01, when i came back here we were experiencing a quite hot summer.

Back