Nintendo DS

FluerVanderloo

Anybody have one? What do you think of them?

I bought a blue one yesterday. I wasn't going to but then I saw an ad for this game Nintendogs....dude, I heart it so much.

But I haven't bought any other games yet for fear that they suck.

I didn't even know the names of current nintendo products. *ashamed*

Here it be...

new-nintendo-ds-photos-20040920104916884.jpg

Luis G said:
I didn't even know the names of current nintendo products. *ashamed*
it's not hard, it seems as though nintendo releases some new variation of the game boy every six hours or so, they may be getting steamrolled in the console market, but i think they'll make their last stand in the handheld arena.

not counting palms and other handheld computers, it wouldn't suprise me. what else is there? AFAIK it's just Nintendo and the PSP.

What about gizmondo? Nokia Ngage is a load of crap, totally unusable as a phone and all the games are fairly trite.

Fleur whats nintendogs? Is it like tamagotchi or sims?

Lopan said:
Fleur whats nintendogs? Is it like tamagotchi or sims?

More or less. You start out with $1000 and you buy a puppy. There are 3 diferent versions that each get you different breeds, but you can work your way to getting all of the breeds on one version. So you buy the dog, get it food, water, train it, take it for walks, enter it in competitions. It responds to your voice and all. The kicker is, even when you turn it off the bastard still gets hungry and thirsty, so there's no escape in taking care of it.

How many breeds can you get? Can you get rare dogs like Alaskan Malamoots? I think my sister may like that.

I'm not sure how many in total, but based on the starter breeds for each game, altogether there are about 20 something. I'm not sure if you can get more that aren't in the starters.

You can get a husky though.

Here are the three versions

The details tell you which breeds they offer. I got Chihuahua and Friends because of the Yorkie.

Back