no end in sight!

tonksy

we started painting the kitchen cabinets yesterday. removing doors, drawers, and pulls, sanding, cleaning, taping, and painting.
it's damn tedious!
do you have any spring cleaning/renovating planned?

Heh. The shorter list would be what we don't have planned.

Total kitchen remodel, floors up
Remodel of the master bath
patch/paint master BR and upstairs hall
Open kitchen into living room by turning the wall between to a half-wall
Drywall/paint living room
new windows all the way around.
new pool liner/pump
tile the floor in the basement
possibly do a dual-zone setup on HVAC.

I've set a preliminary budget of $35-40k. When the budget runs out, so do the projects.

tonksy said:
we started painting the kitchen cabinets yesterday. removing doors, drawers, and pulls, sanding, cleaning, taping, and painting.
it's damn tedious!
do you have any spring cleaning/renovating planned?

cleaning is probably more than a year's worth including the lab, and the barn.
The renovation is on and off, but solid, if that makes since. (so yep, spring summer, fall, and winter again)

EDIT:
as stated in the other thread, we're working on the balcony right now, and the
roofing on the back deck.

Gonz said:
You are a sick sick man

About every ten years, you go through a period whee you spend money like it's fucking water. Everything that's REALLY pricey all has to get done at the same time, and it's ineveitably a time when your investments are taking a simultaneous shit. This is that time for me.

That giant sucking sound you hear is my liquidity going the way of the dodo.

:D

We bought a small, old, tired house for a song & made it liveable. We do one major job a year & squeek by with the rest. Now momma says she wants to move. *shakes head*

Be happy...you probably live in an area that you can get some money back on the bankruptcy auction block ;)

no major projects planned but that doesnt really mean much. we could just as easily get it into our heads we need new floors or something like that next week.

Gonz said:
:D

We bought a small, old, tired house for a song & made it liveable. We do one major job a year & squeek by with the rest. Now momma says she wants to move. *shakes head*

Be happy...you probably live in an area that you can get some money back on the bankruptcy auction block ;)

Heh. Yeah, between this and the car, I figure I've got about 70k outbound. I'll finance about 20 of it. There goes 7 years of saving and investment, but I shouldn't be looking at another major expense (except roof, and I've got the cash for that) for 10 years.

Bankruptcy laws have tightened up recently. I'll have to pay 'em back, no matter how long it takes. At least the interest is tax deductable.

New Item on the agenda today.
I pride myself on being a redneck, but not trash.
I haven't cleaned-up the yard since my puppies were born, because well you
know how puppies like to chew, and these being mostly hound, like to drag stuff up too.
Well now they are 6-7mo old, and the yard is pretty well trashed, soooo....
Time to un-trash it. :D

Winky said:
But won't that endanger your White Trash Stati?
I hope I don't have the Trash Stati, just the redneck one.
The yard was just starting to look like it.
I got it looking 75% better now. I still gotta get an old rusted/dilapidate jungle-jim
to disassemble and moved out, and then a grass cutting, and it'll be decent again. :nerd:

we are still not done....maybe tomorrow...maybe not.....but we did spend a good part of today buying a new bed which will be delivered tomorrow.

to answer the both of you guys, we bought the bed from a regular customer of mine who owns the mattress king on johnson's ferry rd and we are giving the old one to a coworker of mines son. bed should be delivered early this morn :D

OK, just cleared the pool cover. I'll let the rain clean 'er off and then roll it up during the week. Made the run to the dump with the remains of a privit bush. Still need to blow off the back deck, pressure wash the garage, and clean the crap from the dump run off and out of my car.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the day OFF.

I am just waiting for another nesting phase to hit and then I will see what spring cleaning and projects need to be done. :D We will be moving the roomate out and the rest of my stuff in and everything in the hosue to different rooms at the same time that I will be in the "any day now stage". That should be a project within itself.

Those plastic furniture mover things that let you slide the furniture across the carpet are godsends in times like that.

Back