no end in sight!

HomeLAN said:
OK, just cleared the pool cover. I'll let the rain clean 'er off and then roll it up during the week. Made the run to the dump with the remains of a privit bush. Still need to blow off the back deck, pressure wash the garage, and clean the crap from the dump run off and out of my car.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the day OFF.

I cleared the pool cover yesterday. It's raining today though, so I'll take it off next week, I guess.

HL, I think in this area, my uncle had one just slightly larger than yours put in,
but I can't remember what they charged. It seems like it was $1300 including the liner.

HomeLAN said:
I have to have mine open by Saturday. Got a guy coming to give me a quote on a liner replacement.

I put some chlorine in and the pump is running, I just haven't taken the cover off yet. Mine's concrete, so no liner. I do have to paint it every few years though. the sides are fiberglass panels and I had to recaulk those a few years back.

having a pool is a pain in the ass. best just to find you a friend with one and mooch off them. hi steve!

tonksy said:
having a pool is a pain in the ass. best just to find you a friend with one and mooch off them. hi steve!
From the end of June to the end of August or so, it somehow doesn't seem like such a big pain in the ass. It's about twenty feet from my back door. :D

chcr said:
From the end of June to the end of August or so, it somehow doesn't seem like such a big pain in the ass. It's about twenty feet from my back door. :D
steve is about 20 minutes from my back door :shrug: :p

Had one once...worth every penny, in the right climate. Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Antonio, El Paso...up here? Just like my motorcycle...the season is too short, sadly

Vinyl's the way to go. Looooow maintenance, but you do have to choke for a new liner every 10 years or so. I've seen the upkeep on concrete. No freakin' thanks.

Actually, HomeLAN, I think the new concrete/fiberglass hybrids are the way to go now. Concrete lined with color dyed fiberglass, guaranteed thirty years. Mine's thiry plus years old, I'm not sure what was available then, but I know vinyl has come a long way since then. I can update (to the new fiberglass type) mine for about five-six grand. What about ceramic tile? :D

New roof, windows and walls, and foundation for the trailer. Finish finishing the basement of the cottage. Rebuild the tent trailer.

chcr said:
Actually, HomeLAN, I think the new concrete/fiberglass hybrids are the way to go now. Concrete lined with color dyed fiberglass, guaranteed thirty years. Mine's thiry plus years old, I'm not sure what was available then, but I know vinyl has come a long way since then. I can update (to the new fiberglass type) mine for about five-six grand. What about ceramic tile? :D

If I was doing a new one, maybe. 5-6 grand is 25 years of liner replacements.

We have a list of projects that would keep HGTV in programming for six months.

I think the first one is replacing some plumbing fixtures on the tub, then painting the ceilings in most of the house. Neither of these were on the list at first, but as the old saying goes, feces occurs.

Back