No freshmen allowed

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

Amherst Regional High School will stop using the term 'freshman' to refer to ninth-grade students because the term is not inclusive enough for some members of the faculty there, according to the Concord Monitor.

Students in ninth grade will now be referred to as ... wait for it ... "ninth-graders" in all official documents and morning announcements.

ARHS Assistant Principal Marta Guevara, who pushed for the change, said the decision to move away from 'freshman' came about after a production of the The Vagina Monologues two years ago.

Guevara said the school wants to make students "aware of the possible misogynistic, oppressive or non-inclusive language."

**end**

Is it just me, or does someone desperately need to get laid here?

what's funny to me is that i myself never really used the "freshmen, sophomore, juniors, seniors" thing.... i mostly said what numberth grade i was in.
why is that hard?
it is 9th grade. calling them 9thgraders isn't bad.

it is ridiculous that they're calling it misogynistic tho. i personally take more offense to "sophomore" meaning you dont know anything, tho.

When I was in high school, they were positively beneath notice. Nothingness doesn't even deserve a name.

Let your wounded self esteem chew on that one for a while.

i've never known any girl who had a problem with being called a freshman.

additonally, i have a habit of saying things like, "this is why i wouldnt be a fireman!", for example, among other "-man" terms, just because as far as i'm concerned, a fireman is just someone who fights fires. if i'm talking about a chick who fights fires, i'll say "she's a firefighter", but for some reason, for myself i'm fine with saying "fireman" or "chairman" or "mailman" etcetcetc.

maybe i'm secretly a man, tho.

Haven't you been listening to flavio? This doesn't mean jack shit because klan killings are more troubling!

He's right. I was being sarcastic, originally. There are more terrible things than this going on in the world.

Inkara1 said:
Haven't you been listening to flavio? This doesn't mean jack shit because klan killings are more troubling!

:elaugh1:

Gotta get a grip on all those Klan killings out in Oakland...just rampant I tell ya.

Inkara1 said:
I said I would find "beatings and killings, Klan murders, ethnic cleansing a more alarming example of bigotry than IKEA being inconvenienced.

Apparently you find this freshman thing more alarming example of bigotry than beatings and killings, klan murders, or ethnic cleansing? You're pretty screwed up eh?

Do you always post in such a way to intentionally piss people off? Is it fun for you? Does it make you cum?

Inkara1 said:
Do you always post in such a way to intentionally piss people off? Is it fun for you? Does it make you cum?
Do you always take things out of context from another thread when you're feeling especially weak? Does it make you feel like you're a big boy?

I should put you on ignore now before I drive up to the bay area and make you lose your first fistfight. You post with the intent to piss people off. You've done that for years, as most evident in the thread where you insulted every parent that has ever spanked a child and then tried to play innocent.

I also noticed you never answered the question. Pissing people off must make you cum. You probably spooged your panties just now, in fact.

Inkara1 said:
I didn't even post in this thread and you went and wrote the above. Who's trying to piss people off?

What is the obsession on this forum with minor, irrelevant stories about PC anyway?

I even saw a topic posted about the Snow White thing, an extremely obscure story from the UK last week. No mention of the Lords debate about whether the courts will be allowed to use evidence obtained under torture in other countries (and Guantanamo Bay) to prosecute terrorist suspects?

Amongst other stories, of course. I mean, if you read the British news, surely you can come up with something more interesting than a story about Snow White?

Bobby Hogg said:
What is the obsession on this forum with minor, irrelevant stories about PC anyway?
As I've said before, the difference between the PC police and racially-motivated killings is that the latter is illegal and there is a recourse through the justice system. There are laws against it and the perpetrators can go to prison for it. But with the PC police, you have no choice but to bend over and take it up the ass.

Back