No freshmen allowed

Inkara1 said:
As I've said before, the difference between the PC police and racially-motivated killings is that the latter is illegal and there is a recourse through the justice system. There are laws against it and the perpetrators can go to prison for it. But with the PC police, you have no choice but to bend over and take it up the ass.

Another difference is that in one people are killed or harmed, in the other no one is really affected by it at all in a tangible sense.

And you will, until it starts costing you personally I guess. Then your tune might change.

But that won't be the reason it changed...heavens no.

Costing me personally how, exactly? You should spell it out for me, because this is the key point I'm failing to see here.

Should? I owe you or something?

If you're too dense to be able to see your rights being eroded, that don't fall in my lap.

SouthernN'Proud said:

If you're too dense to be able to see your rights being eroded, that don't fall in my lap.
Translation = Don't have a point

SouthernN'Proud said:

How are my rights being eroded by the word "dwarves" being changed to "gnomes" in a panto show somewhere in England?

Sounds like you've built yourself a little straw man to point to. PCism is nothing more than a modern nuisance. Anyone who takes it seriously, either way, is ridiculous.

Opinions vary. That's what makes the world go around.

It's the erosion of common sense. Obviously, some of us have more to lose than others.

Yes, opinions do vary. Well done.

Fortunately, most people have enough common sense to pretty much ignore political correctness other than to have a bit of a laugh at its more ridiculous notions now and again.

Rather than get an ulcer worrying about it.

The problem comes when PC gets in the way of productivity. Perfect example - Hurricane Katrina - some FEMA emplyees had to sit through "sensitivity training" or some BS before they were allowed into NO to actually help those in need. I'm sure the people stranded on top of their homes could care less how sensitive their rescurers were. And if they did care, f'em, overboard you go.

No, I could probably blame overly PC twerps who shove their version of morality down the throats of the rest of us, using the courts to do it. Everyone's afraid to take a shit anymore without a waiver, and that, in large part, DOES belong at the feet of the PC crowd. The other single largest part lies at the feet of tort lawyers.

Don't be silly.

However, I can definitely see how that is the same as people actually being killed because of their skin colour.

Bobby Hogg said:
Don't be silly.

However, I can definitely see how that is the same as people actually being killed because of their skin colour.

As rrfield points out with Katrina, you still end up with dead people.

*On the iggy list you go

Are you fucking serious? Ignore list, because I disagreed with you?

What a fucking moron.

Anyone prepared to give me ANY good reason why PC is such a scourge for folk around here? Please, no vague predictions of doom, let's hear some valid reasons for why changing "freshmen" to "9th graders" or "dwarves" to "gnomes" is as bad as people being beaten and killed because of their skin colour?

Do any of you have a fucking clue what you're even whining about?

Bobby Hogg said:
Anyone prepared to give me ANY good reason why PC is such a scourge for folk around here? Please, no vague predictions of doom, let's hear some valid reasons for why changing "freshmen" to "9th graders" or "dwarves" to "gnomes" is as bad as people being beaten and killed because of their skin colour?

Do any of you have a fucking clue what you're even whining about?

The names of groups don't really matter, you are right, especially in your examples. Like I said before, it's when PC gets in the way of getting shit done that it's a problem.

And why is it worse for someone to be beaten to death because of skin color as opposed to being beaten to death for any other reason? Either way someone is dead.

I didn't make a distinction, did I? It was proposed earlier in this thread that PCism was the same as a racially-motivated killing. I stuck with the analogy raised.

flavio said:
I didn't even post in this thread and you went and wrote the above. Who's trying to piss people off?

From what I've seen....you are.

Back