No lizards

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I just found out last week that there are no lizards or that sort of thing in Newfoundland at all. No frogs, no lizards, no snakes.....Supposidly the soil is no good for them, they can not live on it! I guess you learn something new everyday!

I don't think you have to be really sad on not meeting any snakes, lizards or frogs when trying to sleep! :eek:

I am not sad, I was just shocked to learn that because it was something I didn't know.

One time when we lived there my dad left at 7 am for work and by 9 am it had snowed and blown so much my mom and I could not get teh door open. She had to call my dad home from work to shovel us out.

They usually have ATLEAST a couple feet of snow onthe ground from Jan-Mar

You'd be able to ice-skate very well there I guess! That would be so much fun to do again!

I used to ice-skate so many miles when I was a (even more) little kid!

*dreams off with childhood memories..*

That si not where I live now though! that is a province on the east coast of Canada!

Where I live we get quite a bit of snow aswell though (there is usually not a full foot on the ground at the same time though). We do get to iceskate a lot though! We can ice skate from Nov-Apr usually (not always outside, there are inside rinks open from those times). outside skating is uaully Dec-Mar

That's so great! We didn't have any ice around here the last few years! :(
We can ice-skate indoors too, but that's nothing compared to outdoor ice-skating for a few hours!
God, I loved doing that! :)

Yup! We have outdoor skating! it's not on a lake or anything but it's outdoors!

Oooh! We did have that around here!

There were a lot of places you could go to ice-skating! I sometimes went ice-skating for 40 km :)
Really great, only one time I forgot to put on gloves...and it was freezing 12 degrees :D
Never had such cold hands, couldn't move them for a few hours!

Back