Northern Lights

greenfreak

My Dad just sent me the link to this website. It has some beautiful pictures of the Northern Lights with some text underneath detailing the scientific journey to understanding what causes them.

Just wanted to share. :)

Northern Lights

part of my reason for wanting to go to scandinavia is to see that sort of stuff :)

I loved those pics, i bookmarked the site

* kisses gf for posting a site with those beautiful images *

Originally posted by L. Summerton
Aurora Borealis :)

:headbang:

Thx, i thought it was "Boreal Aurora" because in spanish it is "Aurora Boreal", and regulary you change the order of words in english. If you ever happen to be interested in learning spanish i could point you the right way just as gently as you do it with me :D :D

:headbang:

Nice! The only Spanish I know is counting from watching Sesame Street, and the little bit I can figure out for myself when reading :laugh:

Maybe you can start putting a word here and there in your posts, The Word of the Day From Luis G.

ps I figured that was why you'd had it that way ;) :D

I took 5 years of Spanish between high school and college but I've forgotten most of it. I was never good at sentence structure or conjugating verbs. I had nightmares about conjugating the verb, "to be" :(

"to be" is a real pain in spanish, english conjugation is a lot more easier, since you just have to conjugate the verb "once", compared to spanish, a single conjugation of a given "verbal time" has 6 different options (i, you, he/she, we, they and "another they" (them?) ).

Word of the day.
PS = P.D. (posdata or postdata, both are correct)

Where did you spent your vacations that summer ??

Word of the day.
PS = P.D. (posdata or postdata, both are correct)

Ir and Estar. ACK!!

Let's see how much I can remember...

Soy Esta Estamos... Ok that's it. lol

I had such a hard time with them because at least with the other verbs, you could just add the correct ending to the end of the root of the verb... But not with Ir/Estar.

Yeap, the irregular verbs in spanish are very tricky, specially the subjuntive...

Another nightmare verb: haber (have, it does not implicate owning like in "i have a dog")
Present: yo he (i have), tú has (you have), él/ella ha (he/she has), nosotros hemos (we have), ustedes han ("plural you" have), ellos han (they have) :eek:

Word of th day.
PS = P.D. (posdata or postdata, both are correct) [/size]

Aren't there two verbs for that? Haber and something else... My teacher said it meant "to want or to have", not just "to have"... ?(

Yes, it is a more complex sentence, and just after the conjugation of the haber verb, you need to add the participe of the verb, which you can obtain by removing the infinitive congujation suffix (ar,er,ir), and putting the proper participe suffix: ado,ido,to,so,cho

i have been: yo he estado, however, that sounds too formal, and you should say "he estado" (he implicates "I", since the conjugation is unique) instead, just like i should have said "i've been". :D

2 years of high school spanish passed with an A- avg., my dad & his side of the family spoke it. I remember, "no habla espanol." :shrug:

I once translated in an ER waiting room for a man who was looking for his wife who went into early labor after a car accident. Once the hospital translator showed up, I happily let her take over. It was tough-trying to remember the words was bad enough but he was so upset.

I found myself translating a lot in the ambulance. Cuantos anos tiene usted? Donde esta dolor? En la cabeza?

Back