Northern Lights

:D :D, so you can speak/hear spanish, that's nice, there's a lot of difference between spoken and written....

BTW, "anos" (anus) looks funny :laugh:, i know you don't have the "ñ" on your keyboard, but it still looks funny. :D

"how many anus do you have?" :laugh:

:D no, no, not Prof, well him too, but that's not who I meant.

Equinoxe3d is the member from Quebec I was referring to.

sbcanada: why do you hate spanish?, is just as complex as french, and it should be easier for you to learn it.

BTW, i didn't understood beau.

beau - handsome, in french
belle - the feminine, beautiful, pretty.

:D where's the word of the day?

Yeap, i forgot, a few easy words, and a little spell rule :D :D

Words of th day.
word = palabra
of = de
the = el/la (i must remind you that sustantives are male/female too)
day = día (with that little line above the i)
the complete sentence would be: palabra de el día, but "de el" is incorrect and should be replaced for del: palabra del día
[/size]

Cool :D, now next time i forgot, don't ask for "the word of the day", ask for "la palabra del día" ;)

Words of th day.
word = palabra
of = de
the complete sentence would be: palabra de el día, but "de el" is incorrect and should be replaced for del: palabra del día
[/size]

:laugh:

Thanks Leslie, but I think about converting as even God doesn't like French :D

French really seems to be many similarities with Spanish, especially in verb conjugation. Anyways, gotta say I love English for its simplicity :D (French exceptions in rules really gives headaches, glad I passed through all that damn grammar)

:laugh: :headbang:

French verb tenses are difficult, I agree. :D I had French education through the end of secondary school.

Originally posted by Luis G
Yeap, i forgot, a few easy words, and a little spell rule :D :D

Words of th day.
word = palabra
of = de
[/size]

Why wouldn't it be palabra de la dia? since dia is feminine.

Originally posted by equinoxe3d
French really seems to be many similarities with Spanish, especially in verb conjugation.

That's right, latin derived language (romantic languages?) have many things in common.....because, well, they are all derivated from the same mother language.

The most similar language to spanish is portuguese...

I gotta learn french, maybe i'll start next year :D

Originally posted by Gonz
Why wouldn't it be palabra de la dia? since dia is feminine.

Not all words ending with an "a" are feminine.

Palabras dl día:
water = agua
beer = cerveza
[/size]

ok, not all are feminie, but I understood that el is for words that don't end in "a" & la was for those words which do.

Most feminine words are ended with an a, la is applied only to feminine words. (there's the difference).
el is applied to neutral and masculine words, and since dia is masculine you should use el.

Palabras del dia:[/]
computer = computadora
speed = velocidad
[/size]

Back