Now I've seen everything...

Ink, I'm on a pre-pay plan since I don't use the phone that much. I think it's 1.99 for the first minute, and then .99 cents per minute? On the internet package it works out to be about 0.003967 cents for a 3-4 minute order-placement.

Egads! You're getting ass-fucked worse than I thought! I try to steer people away from TracFone because they charge up to 50¢ a minute, and that's about the most expensive prepaid phone out there in the US. The only time a call should ever cost $3 for 2 minutes is when it's to a phone sex line.

tonksy said:
butchers are a dying breed here. we do have a local cajun butcher that we, personally, go to alot but the vast majority of americans buy their meat at the grocery. there is almost no other choice.

There was quite a drive to keep small local shops selling local produce. We have 2 butchers 1 of which has been voted the best butchers in the uk and the other has kick ass steaks. Like Gonz says nothing beats the smell of fresh bread it makes me think of being on holiday in spain :D

Lopan said:
There was quite a drive to keep small local shops selling local produce. We have 2 butchers 1 of which has been voted the best butchers in the uk and the other has kick ass steaks. Like Gonz says nothing beats the smell of fresh bread it makes me think of being on holiday in spain :D

Unbeknownst to Gonz, there are 2 butcher shops in my local area. As for a bakery, the nearest one is about 8 to 10 miles away (12.8 to 16 KM). The large gorcery chains have bakeries, but only for cakes/pies and other desserts.

BTW...I've been to Spain as well (Moron de Frontera and Rota), and had that 'fresh bread' smell in my nostrils. It's heavenly, ain't it? :grinyes:

It's New Zealand - I don't doubt that with time, the costs will come down. You can get free air-time on a package, but considering I use my phone maybe once in a blue moon to send a 10 cent text, I'm not complaining too much.

Gato_Solo said:
Umm...I'm originally from Pittsburgh. I'm in Charleston, SC, right now. The guys ordered the pizza here at work...while sitting right next to an un-used phone. We're tuning into a bunch of damned xenophobes. As for you, BoP, what does not having a land-line have to do with this? Don't Kiwi pizza joints deliver to cellular phones if you provide the address? :confused:

That explains why they could surf. But FFS we have phones! Would be easier one would think

Back