O-------------------K

Mare

Off-Duty Police Officer Allegedly Shoots Self In Head

PHILADELPHIA -- An off-duty Philadelphia police officer has shot himself in the head on a busy highway, NBC 10 News reported on Friday.

Police sources said the officer was traveling southbound on Interstate 95 near Callow Hill when he became involved in a car accident, colliding with another car. Three people in the car were taken to an area hospital for treatment.

The off-duty officer was standing on the highway when the Highway Patrol took him into the back seat of one of its vehicles to get him off the road for his own protection. While he was sitting in the back seat, NBC 10 News reported that he allegedly pulled out an off-duty weapon and shot himself in the head.

He was pronounced dead at Jefferson Hospital a short time later.

Authorities are investigating the incident.

:gun: :eek6:

I'm thinking he might have tried to kill himself on the road, but when that didn't work.. I think quite a few deaths in traffic are suicides in disguise.

If I were trying to kill myself on the road, I'd slam into a bridge post or tree at 90-100 miles an hour. Crashing into another vehicle stands too much chance of killing someone else and too little chance of killing me.

Unfortunately not everyone has consideration for others at such a time. However, I do think it's for common for suicidal drivers to aim for trucks rather than smaller vehicles.

Inkara1 said:
If I were trying to kill myself on the road, I'd slam into a bridge post or tree at 90-100 miles an hour. Crashing into another vehicle stands too much chance of killing someone else and too little chance of killing me.
Makes me feel a whole lot better about driving in California, knowing that you're around :)

1 garden hose
1 roll of duct-tape
1 car

Attach hose to exhaust with tape, place other end of hose in car, close all windows, start'er up and wait for the drive to oblivion.

No trees harmed!

On my car's last smog check, its carbon monoxide percentage at both idle and 2500 RPM was 0.01. What's the parts per million standard? 0.01 percent would be around 100 parts per million.

Inkara1 said:
On my car's last smog check, its carbon monoxide percentage at both idle and 2500 RPM was 0.01. What's the parts per million standard? 0.01 percent would be around 100 parts per million.

it's enough to get the job done

Back