Obama camp caught lying -- AGAIN

jimpeel

The lesson to be learned here is don't doodle on the questionaires.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9269.html

Obama had greater role on liberal survey
By KENNETH P. VOGEL | 3/31/08 4:35 AM EST

During his first run for elected office, Barack Obama played a greater role than his aides now acknowledge in crafting liberal stands on gun control, the death penalty and abortion — positions that appear at odds with the more moderate image he has projected during his presidential campaign.

The evidence comes from an amended version of an Illinois voter group’s detailed questionnaire, filed under his name during his 1996 bid for a state Senate seat.

Late last year, in response to a Politico story about Obama’s answers to the original questionnaire, his aides said he “never saw or approved” the questionnaire.

They asserted the responses were filled out by a campaign aide who “unintentionally mischaracterize[d] his position.”

But a Politico examination determined that Obama was actually interviewed about the issues on the questionnaire by the liberal Chicago nonprofit group that issued it. And it found that Obama — the day after sitting for the interview — filed an amended version of the questionnaire, which appears to contain Obama’s own handwritten notes added to one answer.

The two questionnaires, provided to Politico with assistance from political sources opposed to Obama’s presidential campaign, were later supplied directly by the group, Independent Voters of Illinois — Independent Precinct Organization. Obama and his then-campaign manager, who Obama’s campaign asserts filled out the questionnaires, were familiar with the group, its members and its positions, since both were active in it before Obama's 1996 state Senate run.

Through an aide, Obama, who won the group’s endorsement as well as the statehouse seat, did not dispute that the handwriting was his. But he contended it doesn’t prove he completed, approved — or even read — the latter questionnaire.

“Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires — a staffer did — and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now,” Tommy Vietor, a spokesman for Obama’s campaign, said in an e-mailed statement. “He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire at the meeting, but that doesn't change the fact that some answers didn't reflect his views. His 11 years in public office do.”

But the questionnaires provide fodder to question Obama’s ideological consistency and electability. Those questions are central to efforts by Obama’s presidential rival Hillary Clinton to woo the superdelegates whose votes represent her best chance to wrest the Democratic nomination from Obama.

[more]

i'm sure i've made comments on one or two things on hundreds of documents that i have no specific recollection of. most people with information-intensive jobs would tell you the same thing.

but yes, jim, obama is a "liar and prevaricator" because he's a liberal. just like bush or anybody remotely on the right can never tell a lie.

you know, you've just stolen the crown. you are now officially...

drumroll please...

king ad hominem

congratulations on your new title.

i'm sure i've made comments on one or two things on hundreds of documents that i have no specific recollection of. most people with information-intensive jobs would tell you the same thing.

As the article states, it was a questionnaire related to his 1996 bid for a state Senate seat in Illinois. You'd think he would remember something like that. :shrug:

During his first run for elected office, Barack Obama played a greater role than his aides now acknowledge in crafting liberal stands on gun control, the death penalty and abortion — positions that appear at odds with the more moderate image he has projected during his presidential campaign.

Che flag, Weather Underground, Rezko, Farrakhan, and Wright. A wife that says she's never been proud of her country. A candidate who talks alot but says nothing. Who commits his opinions to gain an office, but will go out of his way to deny he said it because it conflicts with his quest today. What's next, Barry?

As the article states, it was a questionnaire related to his 1996 bid for a state Senate seat in Illinois. You'd think he would remember something like that. :shrug:

you'd be amazed what one can forget. imagine asking a lawyer about a deposition he or she took five years ago. not gonna be balls-on accurate.

what was that phrase...?

"i can't recall." i seem to remember hearing that time and time again from someone in particular.

oh yeah...

northmugshot.jpg

but when he said it, it must have been true. right?

but yes, jim, obama is a "liar and prevaricator" because he's a liberal. just like bush or anybody remotely on the right can never tell a lie.

you know, you've just stolen the crown. you are now officially...

drumroll please...

king ad hominem

congratulations on your new title.

He is not a liar and prevaricator because he is a liberal. He is a liar and prevaricator because he is a liar and prevaricator.

How this qualifies, in any small manner whatsoever, as an ad hom attack is beyond me; but if it makes you feel better then I accept your title. Wouldn't want you getting all pouty and discouraged :mope: by rejecting it.

you'd be amazed what one can forget. imagine asking a lawyer about a deposition he or she took five years ago. not gonna be balls-on accurate.

what was that phrase...?

"i can't recall." i seem to remember hearing that time and time again from someone in particular.

oh yeah...

northmugshot.jpg

but when he said it, it must have been true. right?

The difference between North and Obama is that only one of them will ever admit that they lied. The other will lie still once again that he didn't lie in the first place.

What's next, Barry?

What's next?

You will continue to look for desperate little things to bitch about while be staying completely oblivious to any wrong doings from the current administration.

Gonzales said he "can't recall" 74 times in one hearing. You didn't have a problem then.

The difference between North and Obama is that only one of them will ever admit that they lied. The other will lie still once again that he didn't lie in the first place.

hmmm. it appears that lying to congress is okay so long as you admit to it later.

let's just make sure we apply that across the board, eh?

noooo
no W again.

the man has picked all the wrong people for some of the Main positions.

We aren't much safer now, than then.

Where's our border and port security?
Where's our middle class?
Where's our Real immigration reform?
Where's our Fair foreign trade?
where's our lower grocery store prices?

Better off now, than we were? No, not as a nation.

Apparently.

monica_cigar.jpg

that's obviously what i referenced.

i'm just asking for a little consistency from those who would damn klinton to eternal hellfire for lying about the blowjob(s), or at least piss and moan a lot about about it, and then, on the flip side, excuse poor ole ollie for conducting international intrigue outta the back of his el camino. or was it bill's em camino? hmmmm....

and, of course, both of 'em lying about it. to the honorable congress and all.

i'm just asking for a little consistency from those who would damn klinton to eternal hellfire for lying about the blowjob(s), or at least piss and moan a lot about about it, and then, on the flip side, excuse poor ole ollie for conducting international intrigue outta the back of his el camino. or was it bill's em camino? hmmmm....

and, of course, both of 'em lying about it. to the honorable congress and all.

It's a great tradition to focus on Bill's sex life but ignore lies about important things.

gonzales.jpg

It's a great tradition to focus on Bill's sex life but ignore lies about important things.

lying to congress is an important thing. let's keep the focus on that.

shit, when ollie was testifying i kinda thought it was a cool thing that he frustrated joe "egomaniacaldickbag" biden. it was hilarious. just as funny as bill asking what "is" is.

but let's let the kiddies answer the important question.

Yeah, he's really going to have to start really lying about some big stuff if he wants to compete with the current pres.

Back