objective.

tonksy

i need a good objective for my resume but paul tells me that "to quit been a drain on society and the welfare system." is not a good choice...i just thought the truth might be refreshin....any ideas?

Make each resume's ojective specific to the job you are trying to get. Cookie cutter resumes usually get thrown away.

chcr said:
Make each resume's ojective specific to the job you are trying to get. Cookie cutter resumes usually get thrown away.

I thought that was what the letter was for

chcr said:
you sir, are presuming i have planned ahead...:sick:...truth is is that i just need a "cookie cutter" job until school starts...but i see your point...i could just change the one line....

paul_valaru said:
I thought that was what the letter was for

So did I until I was in an HR department.

you sir, are presuming i have planned ahead...:sick:...truth is is that i just need a "cookie cutter" job until school starts...but i see your point...i could just change the one line....

Tonks, I actually change four or five things in mine each time I send it out. Note please that I have not gotten a new job yet. On the other hand, the job I'm looking for is reasonably specific, and I do not have the requisite degree that a lot of them are looking for.

tonks, just tell them that you'd like a cushy office job where you can sit & play on the internet all day while they pay for it, because it's hard keeping up yer postcount from home since 'welfare' does not quite cover the cost ;)

Nah - I didn't even have to apply for the job....they just handed it to me on a silver platter.....mumbled something about a pension plan, full medical benefits and a boatload of leave days....then left me to my own devices.

I'm looking for a career which will challenge my skills and experience to their peak and beyond.

I would like to work for a company that will help me take my many years of education to be applied in real life for the betterment of both the company and myself.

Tonks, have you considered a staffing agency? Good place to get a temp job. Hell I got the one I have now through one. Been here five years, doubt I'll make it to six.

My advice? Leave it out. With the kind of job you're looking for right now, your objective is to get a job and make some dough, you know it and they know it at this level. Anything else will seem phony and not applicable.

Leslie said:
My advice? Leave it out. With the kind of job you're looking for right now, your objective is to get a job and make some dough, you know it and they know it at this level. Anything else will seem phony and not applicable.
I'm with Les.....this sounds like a temp job anyway (until school) so you might as well not indicate you're staying for a career. :)

Cover Letter

The covering letter shows the employer why they should consider your resume. It is the first impression you make on the employer and shows how well you communicate in writing.
  • A cover letter should be typed unless the employer specifically requests a handwritten letter.
  • It should never be more than one page long.
  • Break the text into short paragraphs—that makes it easier to read.
  • The cover letter provides the opportunity to highlight how your skills and qualifications will benefit the employer.
  • It provides an individual touch
  • Never send a resume by regular mail without a covering letter.
spacer.gif
book.gif
Info to Include
book.gif
Do's and don'ts
book.gif
Employers Talk
book.gif
More Samples

Objective.: To find an interesting job, with a boss who's not afraid of dangerous sexual positions.

It'll at least get you an interview.

You could always join the navy, and see the world... :D :joy: :lol: :rofl4:

Sorry...I couldn't resist.

If you're just looking for temporary work, then get a temporary service. :shrug:

I used to write resumes for a living at a College...most of them were for students and dropouts who had little to no work experience or schooling to speak of and whose biggest objectives at the time were clerk or cashier type jobs...

aaaaaaaaaanyway that was the recommendation for resumes looking for casual work like this, just leave the objective off.

Back