odd thought on books...

Ardsgaine said:
ipmoof said:
I normally leave the book open, face down

You... bastich! :eek:

If I had to chose between loaning a book to you, or loaning it to Unc, who apparently uses his dirty underwear for a bookmark, it would be a difficult choice indeed. :p

Does that mean you won't be loaning me any more books??? :(

generally i'll fold the page if it's a novel. random bits of whatever for reference type books.

the postcards that o'reilly books have in them generally make for good bookmarks...

Up until a few days ago I always used a Royal Marines Commandos bookmark which some not-very-ugly Royal Marines gave me once, go figure. But recently I treated myself to a fancy metal clip-type one in the shape of an 'M' from my bookshop. Ooo la-dee-da! :gay:

I never use a bookmark. I can remember the exact place I was - down to the word :)

I borrow 90% of my book from my friends. If I started to dog ear them.. I would find them unwilling to loan me more books.

It depends on how interesting the book is, if I'm rivetted I read it in one go. If not and it's a hardback I use the coverslip. If it's a paperback I usually use any bit of paper that happens to be handy.

I've used post-it notes, 3x5 cards, old receipts, etc.

Here's a good idea though:
If you've read the newspaper comic strip, "Zits," then you're probably familiar with Hector, the main character's (Jeremy) best friend. Well, he has a vegan girlfriend, so in a cartoon that ran a few years ago, he used a strip of beef jerky as a bookmark so he could eat some meat during study hall.

Back