oh for the love of god...or whoever

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
how can we make people STOP with the freakin chain mails?

!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! :eek5:

> >>Dear friends:
> >>
> >>Please read this in its entirety.
> >>
> >>Subject: Get the gasoline prices down-
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Dear friends, families and other gasoline consumers.
> >>
> >> It is rumored that we are going to hit close to a $1.42 a Litre
> >>by
> >> the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take
> >>some
> >> intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this
> >>good
> >> idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the don't buy gas on a
> >> certain day campaign that was going around last April or May!
> >>The
> >> oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
> >> continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more
> >>of
> >> an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, this
> >>is
> >> a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!
> >>
> >>
> >> We all know that we're being controlled by the oil companies.
> >>Does
> >> everyone remember how they drove up the prices way past a dollar
> >> and got the gas prices to where they wanted them, claiming there
> >> was a shortage of oil. Well, there isn't any shortage now, and
> >>the
> >> oil is more abundant than it was 35 years ago when the price of
> >>a
> >> litre of gas was 10 or 12 cents!!!
> >>
> >>
> >> Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned
> >>us
> >> to think that the cost of a litre of gas is CHEAP at
> >>$0.78-$0.85,
> >> we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS
> >>control
> >> the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going
> >>up
> >> more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we
> >> are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone
> >>in
> >> the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that
> >> WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars,
> >>we
> >> cant just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas
> >>prices
> >> if we all act together to force a price war.
> >>
> >>
> >> Here's the idea: For the rest of this year 2004, DON'T purchase
> >>ANY
> >> gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one),
> >>PETRO
> >> CANADA -SHELL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be
> >> inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices,
> >>the
> >> other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact,
> >>we
> >> need to reach literally millions of PETRO CANADA and SHELL
> >>buyers.
> >> Its really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this
> >> point...keep reading and Ill explain how simple it is to reach
> >> millions of people!!
> >>
> >>
> >> I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you
> >> send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) . and those 3200
> >>send
> >> it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the
> >>time
> >> the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have
> >> reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get
> >> excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million
> >> people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,
> >>you
> >> guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
> >>
> >>
> >> Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.
> >>
> >>
> >> How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out
> >>to
> >> ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION
> >>people
> >> could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!
Ill bet
> >> you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
> >> Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to
> >> you, please pass this message on.
> >>
> >> PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $0.64 OR
> >>LESS
> >> RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!

*twitches*

valkyrie

Actually, not buying gas on one day of the week won't do anything, because you will just buy the gas you need on another day. So, you'll still be putting the same amount of money into the pockets of the gas companies.

If you really want to make them cringe, then do more to conserve the gas you buy. IOW, buy less gas.

Stay home this weekend. Car pool. Take the bus. Walk to the neighborhood store. Take less grocery trips. Etc.

But yes, I've seen that email... hell... I can't even tell you how many times. That and the one about "hot slut teens take huge cock".

errr... or is it... "hot teen sluts take huge cock". :confused: Damn, I can't remember.

BeardofPants

Here's a novel idea - take a fucking walk from time to time you fat lazy bastards. Get out of the SUV and smell the fucking roses. Sheesh, problem solved. :tardbang:

Sharky

I have an idea . . . let's write an anti-chain-letter email, and at the end of the email, we can ask the recipient to forward it to at least thirty people. If each of them send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) and those 3200 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION people! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Um, wait a second . . . :retard:

valkyrie

Sharky said:
I have an idea . . . let's write an anti-chain-letter email, and at the end of the email, we can ask the recipient to forward it to at least thirty people. If each of them send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) and those 3200 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION people! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Um, wait a second . . . :retard:
That is very very very sick. You are a very sick individual... we should start a chain email warning people that you are very sick and at the bottom, we should put an added message that he/she should send that email to everyone on their email list that they love and cherish.. to warn them about you being so sick... that way, no one that they love or cherish will fall victim to your sick... errr... stuff....
...............crap! I'm sick. :dizzy:

Inkara1

I've written some nasty responses to some of my friends for crap like that. I don't get it forwarded to me anymore. Imagine that.

valkyrie

I've also asked my friends not to send me stuff like that... though in a polite tone. Unfortunately, I still get them from a few people. :eh:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
valkyrie said:
I've also asked my friends not to send me stuff like that... though in a polite tone. Unfortunately, I still get them from a few people. :eh:
for awhile there I was replying to all fwd'd spam I got with the appropriate information from snopes...and it worked. I guess it's time to start that up again.

"How to Lose Friends and Family by Making Them Feel Dumb 101"

valkyrie

Leslie said:
for awhile there I was replying to all fwd'd spam I got with the appropriate information from snopes...and it worked. I guess it's time to start that up again.

lol! :rofl3:
I've got to try that one some day.

BeardofPants

I'm sorry to say, that when I was younger, and more gullible, that I fell for one of them - one of those virus ones, which is just mean, if you're an internet newbie, which I was at the time. Still, the BF can laugh about it now, how I forwarded the chain-email to everyone in his directory: Lecturers, IT people, colleagues, friends...... :blush: :rofl3:

valkyrie

BeardofPants said:
I'm sorry to say, that when I was younger, and more gullible, that I fell for one of them - one of those virus ones, which is just mean, if you're an internet newbie, which I was at the time. Still, the BF can laugh about it now, how I forwarded the chain-email to everyone in his directory: Lecturers, IT people, colleagues, friends...... :blush: :rofl3:
What was your reply when you found out? "oops"? :D

Professur

valkyrie said:

Funny enough, I also asked my friends not to send me stuff like that. But I seem to recall adding something about Molotov cocktails and 2X4s. But I used a polite tone.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Leslie said:

I still do that, every time I get one, suddenly I only get from one or two hardcore cases, but I used to reply to them with pictures from rotten.com, and they stopped too

Uki Chick

paul_valaru said:
I still do that, every time I get one, suddenly I only get from one or two hardcore cases, but I used to reply to them with pictures from rotten.com, and they stopped too

I still get those damn emails. I've sent the snopes thing numerous times but still receive them. I think the ones I've seen the most is about the children, one with cancer or something and they need help, the lost child, etc. That thing has been going around for about 10 years. Are people just that stupid?!! Actually, they must be.