Oh no!! not again

Kruz

well, we did it again!
we got a baby African Grey (timneh) Parrot... "Simba" is its name. its 3 months old .and we brought her home from the breeders today. they have a vocabulary of 200 - 2000 words (depending on how they are trained). don't ask how much :(
this makes 4 parrots of differant sizes and colors that we have now, that bird room is looking better every day :D

* is green with envy

He looks just as pretty as the rest! :headbang:

we bought 2 oscars today, with tank and paraphenelia...the kids are sooooooooooo excited and so is Mommy :) One is a red, the other is albino...will post piccys when I can.

Ack! I hope you conditioned the water Leslie....:eek5:

Kruz...I'm not gonna get caught telling you you have a nice looking bird...:D

That said, :wink2:

Oscars? Why anybody would want such viscious fish in their home is beyond me. Unless, of course, they're being used as theft deterrence. ;)

Of course I conditioned the water! This lady knows her aquarium stuff ;)

and I will say it...Kruz has a harem of nice birds :wink2:

here's a quick pic of the pair...better ones later when I've got better light.

Attachments

• pic_7201.jpg
    pic_7201.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 19
oscars aren't vicious :p

We've had them before, they let their owners pet them and everything...they're real smart...they give you the evil eye when they want fed, or when they've been fed too much...they play dead, and can be trained to do tricks, they rearrange their tanks to suit them, moving rocks and uprooting plants,

not your average fishies :)

Leslie said:
Of course I conditioned the water! This lady knows her aquarium stuff ;)

Um....Lady that knows her aquarium stuff....oscars are freshwater fish. Why do you have coral in the tank? :D

cause they're the prettiest rocks we got at the moment...I'm far too cheap to buy rocks :p

and it's light enough for the fish to move around...it gives them something to do...keeps them busy rearranging :D

When they get a little bigger throw a cue ball in there. My Jack loves to play with his cue ball.

ooooooooh I bet they'd love that!

they have a glass angelfish floating in there right now, they're having a grand old time pecking at its eyeballs :lol:

* thinks that next spring when broodiness hits again she will get a bird just like the one Kruz just got

Leslie said:
awwwwwwwwwwwwww :love:

what are they eating? is that fruit? veggies?

oranges, corn, cabbage, cornbread, spinach..etc
we give them lots of freash food, and they eat pretty much anything we eat

Kruz, Isn't there something about the nasal band on the beak that tells you? Or is that just keets?

Back