Okay, here's the rub ...

When the whiny assed lowest common denominator stops winning every lawsuit.

yeh but for every "isn't that outrageous" story about some asshole opportunist that gets $20k for hot coffee in the lap, there's thousands of people that get strongarmed by insurance companies or corporations into simply shutting the fuck up.

walmart or allstate, anyone?

oh i been watching you. me and the freemasons. :nerd:

An example besides the *DUI signs on the highway.

New York Post

PAGE SIX
By RICHARD JOHNSON with
Jeane MacIntosh and Kate Coyne
KIRKPATRICK POOCH IN CAR CAPER

CONSERVATIVE icon Jeane Kirkpatrick got a firsthand lesson in how increasingly authoritarian big government interferes with personal freedom the other day when Maryland cops gave her a ticket for leaving her dog in her car.

Kirkpatrick - President Reagan's UN ambassador who memorably established the distinction between "authoritarian" and "totalitarian" rule - locked her poodle, Jasper, in her late-model Lincoln Continental with the windows up while she shopped last Saturday in a Bethesda, Md., boutique, the Washington Post reports.

As temperatures hovered near 90, busybodies who were passing by thought the pooch might be parched and called Montgomery County police.

The fuzz were waiting for Kirkpatrick when she returned to her air-conditioned luxury sedan. The diplomat was anything but diplomatic when the officers slapped her with a $45 ticket charging her with violating a Maryland law which forbids pet owners from leaving animals in parked cars.

Witnesses say a crowd gathered as Kirkpatrick unleashed her righteous indignation.

"She was yelling at the police, saying: 'I'll see you in court! I take better care of my animal than you do of your children!'" a witness told the D.C. daily. "She was just huffing and puffing and causing a scene."

According to the paper, Kirkpatrick - who was just named foreign policy adviser to GOP presidential hopeful Elizabeth Dole - had been shopping at the CP Shades store just before noon, when the nosy parkers called the cops.

"It was totally irresponsible," one self-styled samaritan said. "I think we saved the dog's life. [Kirkpatrick] was gone for a good 20 minutes."

But Kirkpatrick is apparently unrepentant. A rep for the stateswoman - who was traveling and couldn't be reached - barked at PAGE SIX, "It's just not an issue."

It was, however, to local humane society director Sharon Kessler, who claimed: "In a very short period of time, an animal in a sweltering car - because they don't perspire - can go into respiratory distress and die. It can get well over 100 degrees in no time."

The cop-callers might have been inspired by a sign that happened to be next to where her car was parked. It warned: "Pets Die in Hot Cars! It's against the Law. If You See It, Report It! Call 911 Immediately."

Interestingly enough, most big insurance companies bailed on coastal South Carolina. Some leaving customers in good standing as soon as their mortgages were paid off. Something about risk-benefit analysis. Now you have a situation where people who have been good customers for up to 30 years are left with no insurance because there is not enough profit for the company. Doesn't matter whether they had any claims in the past or not.

Makes sense to me. How many hurricanes can you pay for before it becomes stupid to continue?

I've seen both ends of the insurance crap. Read your policy & you won't get screwed.

When the whiny assed lowest common denominator stops winning every lawsuit.

A co-worker of mine told me about a week ago that her sister received a letter from the state DOT. The letter, paraphrased, said "You have been reported by a concerned citizen for discarding a cigarette butt from your vehicle. Consider this your final warning."

I wish I had nothing better to do.

On the other side of the coin, that's been known to cause forest fires, which suck.

Back