OMFG - Someone lend me $719 US$...I HAVE to try this out

MrBishop

http://nobispro.com/aquatank/

CaseThumb.gif

It's a computer that's also an aquarium...and uses the water to liquid-cool the CPU.

That is just wild!!!

MrBishop said:
It's a computer that's also an aquarium...and uses the water to liquid-cool the CPU.

Don't spend too much money on fish. That water's gonna be a little warm :worm:

alex said:
Don't spend too much money on fish. That water's gonna be a little warm :worm:

It would have to bea anyway...why spend money on a heating coil when you can do it this way.
Damn! I'd never thought of cooling it this way.
My wife would actually look at the computer on occasion this way. :)

you could just fill the waterholderbit with liquid nitrogen and watch your CPU become a superconducter...hehehe now THATS something I gotta try. Very nifty case too :headbng2: :worship: :beerbang:

steweygrrr said:
you could just fill the waterholderbit with liquid nitrogen and watch your CPU become a superconducter...hehehe now THATS something I gotta try. Very nifty case too

I don't know what you'd have to make your pipes out of. Actually, someone did liquid nitrogen cooling at HWC a couple of years ago. He used the brute force approach, dribbling it onto a copper heat sink. I don't remember the results.

Probably shattered the HS when the fan started
:rofl:

He didn't use a fan. He had a post screen, I don't remember any more what he was running or what he got it up to, but it was a working system.

dunno if its the same one or not, but there was a guy who sealed the motherboard and immersed it in nitrogen in a cooler....it was sweet

fluid-submergedPSUsideshot.jpg

I want to do that......
*gears grind to life*

How exactly do you get a hold of liquid nitrogen anyway? I know that Camelyn might be able to get some but...for the average user...youo can't exactly go to a Depanneur and buy some.

Bish, water cooling is no big thing. Talk to me sometime.

Liquid N2 is pretty easy to get. Check the yellow pages.

I've seen all manner of immersions over the years, from de-ionized water, to mineral oil. The whole point being to make the entire system stable. You're no better off is you supercool your CPU only to overheat your chipset or ram.

Get a big ass PSU and crank up the voltage! oh and with Liq. Nitr. I did mean the whole thing using pipes and stuff

Back