omg... EGGS!!

BlurOfSerenity

lately i found out i am not allergic to eggs, as i'd previously thought.
so it seems i'm making up for lost time, by eating eggs every chance i get!
i like mine with cheese. that's a fact.
i've been eating eggs in cheesy-omelet form (at Denny's! with Kittie!), as well as just cooking them simply at home.
(one slice of cheese for only one egg = a helluva lotta cheese.. but yummyyy!)

so, how do you make/order/have your eggs? step by step! good to reply to this post if you're bored!

when i cook an egg, i put entirely too much margarine in the pan. i melt most of it on a high-but-not-the-highest setting. meanwhile, i'm tearing a piece of american cheese into little bits, and setting said cheese aside. and then i crack the egg into the pan.
i kinda push it around with my turner/spatula (whatever your prefered name for it is, ) for a second or two, and then i smoosh the yolk.
i kinda stir the whole thing together in the pan with my spatula, and then i push it around as it cooks and i keep doing that til it looks "almost" done.
then the cheese is added!
i kinda try to smash it into the egg a bit, to melt it some better.
i keep smashing and pushing the egg and cheese around with my spatula until it looks really done and ready.
then i dump it into a bowl and devour it :)

ooh, today i put a little milk in it before i added the cheese... i read that in the depression era, this was a common thing to do as it greatened the mass of egg. so it makes it like there's more. i didnt put a lot of milk in, but it seemed to work :)

la!

EGGGG!!

i had scrambled eggs for breakfast.
i'll probably have a fried egg sandwich later tonight.

I love eggs, and have them for breakfast 2x a week. I like them every way: soft-boiled, poached, scrambled, basted. Once in a while I'll have an omelette with a green salad and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc for dinner. :licklips:

Umm...eating is not like love...you can not make up for lost times by gorging out on Eggs. You may not be allergic but keep stuffing yourself with em and your cholesterol will shoot up to kingdom come, not to mention you are adding cheese to them..lot of cheese.

Eat eggs but in limitation. Once a week will keep your cholesterol level in check and cook them yourself, aviod eating at fastfood joints. You're young, your health matters because you've only get one body, make it count.

Besides that...Enjoy.

ash r said:
protein, my dear boy! protein!

Protein is all good but one egg has 74% of daily recommended cholesterol.....eat them everyday and you're sowing bad seeds for the future. If this is some form of Atkins diet then I am not convinced, that whole diet plan makes me leery.

and you're right... eating is not LIKE love... because it IS love XD

Change that attitude.

IDLEchild said:
one egg has 74% of daily recommended cholesterol.....eat them everyday and you're sowing bad seeds for the future.

i told this to my mom and she says that the view on eggs regarding that changes very often. she says that at times people insist eggs are horrible for you, but at other times, they're a wonder-food.

and stuff.

I crack my eggs into a half cup of zesty italian salad dressing and marinate them overnight. Then i stuff them with cheetos and cottage cheese. Sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips when done frying and they're great...

Ewww, ever have egg in a cup...BLAHHHHH not cooked fully and just nasty...but thats just my opinion...

I like em scrambled..

ash r said:
i told this to my mom and she says that the view on eggs regarding that changes very often. she says that at times people insist eggs are horrible for you, but at other times, they're a wonder-food.

and stuff.

That still does not matter...your practices are just unhealthy but it is your choice so godspeed.

Squiggy

If you do not mind, can you elaborate on that recipe?

Squiggy said:
Are you kidding? :eek6: that had me gagging and laughing the whole time i was typing... :lloyd:

I thought so, the sweet chocolate chips were a giveaway. Where I live such a recipe wouldn't be a surprise with all its epicurious food and all being served everywhere.
:D

Aargh, this is making me hungry and the only eggs in the fridge expired sometime in february. :sick:

My favourite is eggs benedict with either salmon, or some sort of swiss cheese and spinach. Mmmm!! I also love omlet that has field mushrooms and swiss cheese in rolled in the middle.... *stomach rumbles* And the BF makes an absolutely divine omelette with ginger, chilli, olives, oregano, and basil...... gotta have lots of pepper, and be served with decent bread, like ciabatta though....

The ex always bitched about hating eggs. That was always my cue to sing, "I love eggs, from my head down to my legs. You gotta love it, the incredible edible egg." :D

Back